We are seeking for a highly motivated and experienced Executive Housekeeper to manage the housekeeping team and assist in maintaining and continually improving the standard of our hotel.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Supervise Housekeeping Team and responsible for the day to day operations of the department.
- Maintains selection, staffing, training, supervision, grooming and conducts standards of team members.
- Responsible for planning, organization and supervision of the cleaning and maintenance work throughout the Hotel. Specific responsibilities include guest rooms, public areas, back of the house areas, linen and uniforms.
- Reviews and re-evaluates all Housekeeping equipment supplies periodically and makes recommendations on purchases.
- Prepares annual recommendations for capital improvements for management’s approval.
- Ensures that all security policies and procedures are observed in the department.
- Initiates and maintains effective communication between the Housekeeping Department and other operating departments.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate and work in Dili, Timor Leste
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Should have a keen eye for details
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid scheduling experience
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to create an enjoyable work environment including mentoring, multi-tasking, strong motivational skills
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Should have a thorough understanding of Work Health Safety compliance
- Required language(s): English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Please note that only candidates who met the required languages will be considered.
Lowongan pekerjaan ini kemungkinan telah berakhir.
The TIMOR PLAZA HOTEL AND APARTMENTS was built by Dili Development Lda., one of the Jape Group of Companies, specialising in large-scale, high-quality property developments for leasing as retail, residential and office premises in Timor-Leste. The Timor Plaza was built with the objective of creating a new Central Business District for Timor-Leste’s capital city. With the successful completion and leasing of the Timor Plaza shopping mall, hotel and offices, the completion of a second mixed-use building, CBD 2, and the Entertainment Centre (including the country’s only cinema and a gymnasium), Dili Development is already on track to achieving its goal.
The Timor Plaza Hotel and Apartments with 50 hotel rooms and 25 apartments situated in Timor Plaza is a valuable addition to the country’s hospitality industry inventory, offering accommodation and conference facilities capable of attracting and hosting high-level events such as conventions, VIP visits and functions.
In 2013, Timor Plaza Hotel and Apartments considered one of the highlights of the year was the honour of welcoming the Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair during his visit to Dili and hosting his lunch meeting with former Timorese Prime Minister Mari Alkatiri at the Panorama Restaurant.
The Timor Plaza Hotel and Apartments primarily caters for business travellers, looking to enjoy the convenience of a central location, while also having the opportunity to escape the office. The 4 star rooms provide a unique Timor Leste experience, and a tropical hideaway from the daily grind of the city. Business travellers will appreciate the additional facilities on the property including meeting rooms, a fully equipped business centre and a 120-seat conference centre which can be conveniently divided into smaller rooms. In addition, guests will benefit from 24-hour security, wireless internet connection, satellite TV, complimentary tea and coffee plus laundry facilities. Short-term offices are also available with direct support from hotel reception.