SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The IT Data warehouse developer is responsible for the overall delivery of IT software solutions to business users, concentrating on data services, business intelligence and data reporting solutions.
- Design enterprise wide scalable data warehouse solutions in line with business requirements
- Gather & analyse business requirements and translate same into system requirements
- Select methods, techniques, or criteria for data warehousing evaluative procedures
- Engaged in data and systems mapping, analysing data / metadata & SQL stored procedures, gap analysis, the creation of process diagrams, etc.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Create plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Design and implement warehouse database structures.
- Provide expertise in data modeling using good design principles and industry best practices
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems,
- 2-5 years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing and delivering end-to-end ETL processes for large scale data warehouses
- Interpretation, preparation and mapping of complex insurance/financial data and explaining complex technical information.
- Understanding and experience with ETL methodologies, Business Intelligence and data warehousing principles, approaches, technologies
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Extensive experience with data transformation design and leadership (extraction, cleansing, conforming and delivery)
- Microsoft BI stack and/or exposure to data visualization technologies such as Qlikview an advantage
- Graduate Degree in Information Technology from reputable university
- Strong analysis skills
- Proactive attitude
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills