PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the research, design and development of silhouettes
• Responsible for raw material sourcing and swatch development
- • Develop brand-appropriate products in line with seasonal concepts and color palettes. Design with entire collection in mind
- • Partner with Design and Product Manager to review lab dips
- • Sketch and present concepts based on design direction to VP Product Development
- • Set up tech packs and communicate design details to technical design team
• Oversee prototype fittings. Correct technical details and sketches for samples.
• Motivate, inspire and energize colleagues within the design team
• Inspire creative collaboration across the design team.
• Drive and manage creative team to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Ensure creative output is consistently brand appropriate; continually evaluate resources and accountabilities within the creative team
• Manage multiple project timelines and track projects in various stages of completion to ensure all timelines are met
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 4 year degree in Design or related field
• 3 - 5 years of knitwear experience, high level of proficiency in knitwear
• Ability to manage the design and development process from concept through final proto/sample, including but not limited to flat sketch, initial spec, and production fit approval.
• History of contributing innovations within a collaborative environment
• Knowledge of raw materials construction and finishes
• Ability to design garments including construction, tech packs, trim details, etc
• Strong sense of style, silhouette and color
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer knowledge in Photoshop/Illustrator
• Strong attention to detail, with powerful organizational, time management, and presentation skills
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
• Well organized, problem solver with a positive can do attitude
• Ability to motivate, lead and work well cross functionally