- Strong development experience in general
- In depth knowledge of the purpose, benefits, and effective use of ReactJS
- At least one full year of experience as developer using primarily ReactJS
- Understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Interest in complex algorithm development
- Knowledge of cloud application development in Azure PaaA
- Knowledge of agile methodology
- Skills in other areas of programming such as Java or C# looked upon favorably
- Conducting Requirements Gathering exercises with stakeholders and documenting requirements with a level of clarity such that they can be understood by other developers and consultants.
- Researching and critically evaluating a variety of technologies and formulating a technical design and architecture best able to meet the requirements.
- Providing development estimates for software deliverables
- Producing frameworks and reference examples to support the programming activities of themselves and other developers.
- Conducting prototyping exercises to resolve difficult technical or functional problems.
- Developing software deliverables in accordance with the relevant methodologies.
- Mentoring less experienced software engineers in their development activities.
- Undertaking quality control/Verification and Validation (V&V) activities, in particular code reviews, in accordance with the relevant methodologies.
- Making recommendations for improvements to the relevant methodologies.
- Defines methods and best practices of engineering activities for application in each specific project.
- Ensures sharing of product know-how, acting as a trainer when required.
- Ensure safe working procedures and practices are followed at all times including the wearing and maintenance of assigned Personal Protective Equipment; attendance at required health, safety and environment training; report injury, incidents, hazards and near miss events. Model safe work behaviors in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls.
All qualified applicants will have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of study, at least three years of experience, and demonstrated abilities to:
- Communicate effectively in English
- Work in a multi-national environment
- Create novel software solutions to complex problems
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any discrimination
If you feel this is the opportunity you have been looking for we look forward to speaking with you.
Our application selection process consists of a phone interview, a face-to-face assessment of skills and a pre-employment medical test.