Purchasing Manager - Sumatera
Stepping into a Lead role as the head of Purchasing to develop a team and drive productivity. Also involved in creating strategies and improvements to the current set up. Being the leader and leading by example to driving the team's productivity and drive cost down for the total benefit of the company
Our client is one of the Leading Mining Company in the region. They boast one of the most reputable team of experts and brand. A well respected player boasting a strong track record historically and an organisation that continues to reinvent their approach to the market. Consequently, they are looking to bring on board a dynamic Purchasing Manager who can set up the strategy and future direction for Purchasing activities in the company
This role will report to the Site General Manager
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing the right procurement strategy to reach and support the activities of the company.
- Identifying and managing inefficiency to improve the procurement operations.
- Developing and managing the strategy to drive down costs in a multi-million dollar mining operation in a remote area.
- Understanding and leading regular supplier evaluation to maintain high supplier service standards.
- Manage multiple active contracts and understand the proper process with vendors to provide the best possible pricing and quality.
- Able to lead and develop the procurement team to deliver seamless supply of consumable materials, critical spares and capital items needed for a mining operation.
- Able to manage the development of standard practices and procedures enabling the procurement team to operate at maximum efficiency.
- Act as a leader and motivator to support the process of induction, talent management and succession planning.
We invite a highly experienced and strategic procurement professional with a talent and dedication to efficiency and continuous improvement to develop and manage the procurement process for a mining operation based in Sumatra . We are seeking the services of a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity. To be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 7 years of strong record in delivering cost targets in procurement. Experience in the Mining Industry will be an added advantage
- Able to drive strategy implementation as well as changes for direct as well as indirect purchasing activities.
- Able to develop and lead a high performing team.
- Solid experience in managing vendor and category management.
- Able to execute daily strategic and hands-on tasks to ensure target realisation.
- Able to set the pace of the large team and be efficient in time management.
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas and approaches
- Fluency in both verbal and written English Language as well as Bahasa Indonesia.
Success in this role may lead to bigger opportunities within the group at other sites throughout Indonesia.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Working for a listed leader in the market
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organisation to grow and being recognised for it.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ryan Gabriel on +603 2302 4015
Tutup pada 19/October/2016