- analysing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in situ tests;
- liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- using computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Architecture, Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Staff (non-management & non-supervisor)s specializing in Architecture/Interior Design or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.