The primary role of Channel Manager is to translate the consumer proposition (in Brand Plan) into a shopper proposition at the channel and customer level. Shopper proposition is made based on Category/Consumer/Brand and Customer understanding. Provide channel perspective between Marketing & Sales to define strategic approach within defined categories. As one of Pillar in a core demand management function, give contribution by providing function in service, advisory, planning and strategic within cross-functional team, to develop and implement channel plan, adding value to Bayer ex-factory & strategic brand planning process.
- Translate Brand Plan into Channel Strategy based on Category/Consumer/Brand and Customer understanding
- Develop assortment plan, in-store merchandising display and promotional activity through demonstrating analysis and ability to make recommendations.
- Excellence execution on channel plan with focused alignment & cross-functional teamwork, optimizing key parameters within the business to improve sales in responsible channel
- Develop Marketing Intelligence, conduct evaluation, get channel insight, understand trading term and rationale for Promotional Activities initiatives to support sales and marketing in execution.
- Accountable for allocating resource as required and financial aspects responsibility: P&I, P&L, Sales, Forecast Accuracy.
- Support external relationship with customer as Category Expertise by creating insight based winning ideas and presenting a category viewpoint. Ensure that Bayer is an agile, can-do partner.
- Manage & motivate in-direct report, ensuring workload prioritized based on business requirements & individual development plans. Ensure goals & objectives are in place in addition to completed training record. Own and action personal development plan.
- Manage related third party in order to support channel plan and execution
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in key account / trade marketing / marketing
- Experience of multiple categories and markets both within FMCG / OTC environments
- Strong understanding of Modern Channel
- Experience in lead the Project management.
- Excellent analytical skills and having Research Experience exposure to get insight, also ability to utilize data such us Nielsen, IMS etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills, strong in communication and interpersonal skill to work cross-functional team
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, results & performance driven
- PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages are required