Produce and coordinate bamboo model making work in the Architecture and Design (A&D) and IDF divisions. Coordinate bamboo design and details; prepare sketches and models with architects and designers.
Note: Junior or less experienced applicants will be considered
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and produce bamboo model making work as requested by supervisor
- Coordinate and produce Bamboo Model making work, sketches and details in time, with the quality expected and according to the guidelines and checklists issued
- Take a major advisory and inspection role during the sample building stage and the actual bamboo construction on site I relation to the bamboo structure
- Be disciplined in Administration & Office/studio working procedures – project hardcopy and electronic filing, file notes, standard forms and work procedures
- Working and cooperating with A&D/IDF Leaders and other staff/departments in PTBP
- Visit project site and production facilities regularly to inspect projects or as directed by supervisor
- Prepare or coordinate consultants, vendors, subcontractors, project samples, templates and prototypes
- Be able to or be willing to learn to make presentations regarding bamboo building and detail work and also give model making and bamboo design workshops and classes
- Be punctual on office attendance and all company business
- Prepare, meet, participate and report at design, site, project and team meetings
- Attend mandatory staff and administrative meetings
- Perform other special work related duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Preferred skills and work experience
- Creativity and imagination, an eye for design, technical and construction matters, including color, and good 3D awareness, the ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others, excellent sketching and communication skills
- Industry standard computer skills/knowledge. Proficient in bamboo structural model making, Ability to work on project by project bases that are driven by a planned and consistent schedule.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Proficient in the design and technical fields and have an understanding of the principles of design/construction and be able to apply it.
- Excellent organizational, research and planning skills.
- Excellent people and team building and encouraging skills in the design, studio and project site environments
- An interest in changing trends in design and construction, especially in the bamboo world
J ob Requirements
- Willing to learn fast and grow in knowledge and application of ecological and bamboo architecture
- Able to prepare simple estimate price of bamboo use in the buildings (BOQ/RAB)
- Basic level in AutoCAD 2D and 3D (Photoshop / Illustrator / CorelDraw, 3Dmax, sketch up or other
- Related design software are appreciated
- Highly motivated, able to work as an individual or in a team, trustworthy, highly responsible, able to work thoroughly, hard worker
- Minimal Intermediate level in English oral & written.
- Good communicator
- Excellent hand sketching
- Junior or less experienced applicants will be considered