High-end custom furniture and fittings manufacturer is seeking a production/operations manager to oversee production/daily operations and manage a team of approximately thirty carpenters and finishers. The ideal candidate will have extensive carpentry experience in addition to shop floor management experience.
- Manage the entire factory production division and the employees that work within. In charge of the general operations of the production, making sure it runs smoothly, cleanly and meets budget and production goals
- Plans and promotes the daily schedule of employees and the business, interview, hire, coordinate and discipline employees, make sure the production division is stocked, clean and in proper working order, create and maintain budgets, and coordinate with and report to senior management in the company
- Analyzed local market for new opportunities. Develop and maintain professional relationship with commercial companies while promoting new designs and innovations for working efficiently and effectively
- Analyzed company’s requirements and design strategies related to furniture items/products; coordinate with interior designers, quality control officer and general manager in providing solutions
- Design appropriate project strategies and review production area scorecard on monthly / quantity basis
Job duties and responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the work activities of carpenters, finishers, and other workshop staff
- Setup and manage wood inventory system
- Oversee and monitor the requisition of building materials and record material usage
- Oversee carpentry and finishing work to ensure that project specifications and quality standards are met
- Oversee the maintenance of all machinery and equipment
- Work at the direction of the company director and effectively communicate instructions from the company director to the carpentry and finishing staff
- Constantly seek ways to improve efficiency, quality, and reduce costs
- Remarkable and meaningful experience in furniture business; familiarity bamboo products and by-products is a plus and an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of furniture products and furniture industry as a whole.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as word and excel; experience with various software application is an advantage
- Ability to work within team environment and work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented individual and amazing leadership skills, presentable with good interpersonal and communication skills with time management and self-motivated individual
- Must have extensive knowledge of carpentry and woodworking principles including previous work experience as a carpenter (minimum ten years carpentry experience)
- Ability to read architectural drawings and draw appropriate sketches as necessary
- Ability to problem solve and work independently with minimal direction and oversight
- Highly organized and able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-driven environment
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material and labor estimates as well as create job cost reports
- 3-4 years of experience in working and managing a furniture production, prior experience in manufacturing and factory business is a plus and in bamboo items is an advantage
- Must be able to communicate well in English both in verbal and written aspects
- Must have great leadership skills; help create employee loyalty and a problem solver
- Must have basic accounting and analytical skills, ability to work under pressure
- Preferably an Indonesian National.
- Salary commensurate with experience.