- Can work on all stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to testing, installation and final commissioning
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Developing a project specification with colleagues
- Developing, testing and evaluating designs,
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub contractors, suppliers and customers
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Planning, measuring and designing details of specifications of design
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- Candidate will report his/her jobs to his one-up Manager
WHAT TO EXPECT :
- The work is mainly office-based with regular visits to plants, factories, workshops or building sites.
- Travel may be required, depending on the employers and nature of the business
- Technical and Scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems
- Precise and concise written communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team.
- IT skills, particularly computer aided-design (such as : AUTOCADD, etc)
- Creative Ability
- The ability to work under pressure
- Organisational skills , (such as : time and resource planning)
- Male/Female candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, ( Relevant subjects, include : Mechanical Engineering ; Engineering Science ; Computer-aided engineering )
- Fluency in a second language may be help
- Work experience is valuable