Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Medical Teams Management
- Lead and implement the clinical direction for the local BIMA tele-doctor operation
- Manage the local BIMA medical team (doctors and potentially also nurses or paramedics). Inspire and motivate them to ensure an engaged team which aims to deliver a high-quality service
- Help in identifying good candidates for the medical team and in the hiring process (interviews)
- Create benchmarks for key performance indicators
- Responsible for Training, motivate and oversee all health care providers (like-doctors, nurses) and support team
- Process and Business Development
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives around the tele-doctor service as defined by the country management team.
- Help in the development and implementation of BIMA medical protocols, localized to adapt them to the medical culture of the country
- Supervise all the sales and marketing materials and scripts used in our tele-doctor service (e.g., of field and tele- agents)
- Provide clinical guidance, support and education to the Management of the organization.
- Quality Assurance
- Provide level 2 support to our doctors (in case of doubts or complications, the CMO should be available for consultation)
- Support Quality Assurance processes regarding our medical activities (monitoring of recorded calls, business intelligence from the data gathered in our system) and assist with the development and implementation of health analytics
- Proactively manage the service, looking for ways to continually improve the quality and efficiency of our service
- Support the local management team in Governance, Risk and Compliance activities (e.g., credentialing, licensing, etc.)
- Develop and implement strategic goals related to the quality improvement, management programs and accreditation standards.
- Graduate from any reputed medical university/college.
- Medical doctor with a current unrestricted license to practice in the country (SIP, STR, etc)
- Member of the local Medical Association. (IDI)
- Minimum experience 5 years where direct clinical experience (patient facing) of at least 3 years in hospitals or ambulatory centers (post Medical School; ideally post residency training).
- Tech-oriented. Has basic knowledge of common software
- Ideally, a specialist in internal medicine, urgent medicine, intensive care, Family Medicine or infectious disease. But could also be a General Practitioner, provider he/she meets other requirements
- A plus if he/she has had any management responsibilities in a clinical environment (e.g., head of department, leadership role in the emergency room, etc.)
- Good quantitative skills
- Good interpersonal skills: good communicator, leadership skills, passionate and engaging
- Ability to work collaboratively, self-assured and results-oriented
- Ability to understand business needs and issues
- Proactive, self-driven
- Age 28 to 45 year(s)
- Full time candidates preferred – 50% only in case of exceptional candidates
- Both male and female are encouraged to apply
- Job Location : Yogyakarta,Jakarta, Anywhere in Indonesia
Tutup pada 21/October/2016