-SR. COOK, COOK, COOK HELPER-
JOB SUMMARY :
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Complete opening and closing checklists.
2. Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
3. Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
4. Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
5. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
6. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
7. Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
8. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
9. Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Head Chef. 1
10. Inform head Chef immediately of product shortages.
11. Uses our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head Chef or manager-on-duty.
• Minimum SMIP/SMK or equivalent.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Able to work on shift and long hours when required.
• Able to work on weekends and public holidays