Every (milli) second counts.
- Can you make large scale eCommerce websites go faster, without breaking?
- Have you got Front End programming expertise to build ‘proof of concept’?
- Can you sell your ideas to be adopted across the business?
- Do you take a helicopter view considering all implications?
Brilliant - If speed is of the essence then skip to the good bit and apply now!
On the other hand, if you’re a stickler for detail and want to know more about Agoda and the job read on before applying…
As one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce sites we have a deep-rooted Engineering focus at Agoda. We’re modest and humble but scaling rapidly. As part of the $bn Priceline Group we employ c.2,500 people and are fanatical about building a world-beating eCommerce travel brand.
About the job
Part developer, part researcher, part evangelist. The Web Performance Engineer role involves developing and experimenting the most optimal way to deliver web pages and content to the customer as fast as possible on any device or browser.
You will be a technical leader able to rapidly prototype, measure and deliver best practice for high performance website development.
You’re the kind of person with the need for speed and appreciate that a faster website means a better customer experience! You’ll create lightning quick websites and know how to maintain optimum performance as we give our site some serious scale. Your life is measured in milliseconds not seconds and delivering an uninterrupted customer experience is your mantra.
You’ll be exposed to the business side, and be able to measure the true value of your work. As a technology evangelist you will have to identify areas for optimization, then research and prototype solutions to develop best practices to propagate across the website development teams. You’ll be required to analyse and tune bottlenecks in code, content delivery and on the full array of browsers and client.
- Front end Web Development experience – HTML / CSS / JS etc
- Performance metrics, RUM data, site speed monitoring and performance A/B testing will also preferably be in your armoury
- Deep understanding of web protocols and networking.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP http/http2 protocols
- Server Side coding expertise (but it doesn’t matter which – C# .Net / Java / PHP / Python / GO etc)
- Understand browser behaviour and events and how browsers interpret HTML, CSS, DOM etc. to produce pages on any device as fast as possible.
- Database - Cassandra or similar experience is a plus – Hadoop / MySQL / SQL Server etc
- Experienced in optimising performance of large scale websites
- Explain the full flow of Navigation Timing, Page Load Timing, Resource Timing and how each step can impact the customer and how to measure and monitor this information.
- Web application design, architecture and optimization.
- Database tuning and stored procedure optimization.
- Experience designing high traffic websites.
- Knowledge of broadband, 3G and 4G Networks as well as how traffic passes through internet exchanges is a considered a plus.
Every millisecond counts. We want innovative ideas about how browsers can render content in milliseconds, that we can process TB’s of data in minutes, or how to architect the server side to support tens of thousands of requests a second.
A business-level standard of English both written and spoken is required.
Please note this role is open to both Thai and International candidates.
With relocation support and visa sponsorship available we’ve got you covered, leaving you free to look forward to an amazing new experience!