Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
Full Stack Web Developer - 'Performance Engineer'/Full Stack Web Developer - 'Performance Engineer'
Every (milli) second counts.
- Can you make large scale eCommerce websites go faster, without breaking?
- Have you got Front End programming expertise to build ‘proof of concept’?
- Can you sell your ideas to be adopted across the business?
- Do you take a helicopter view considering all implications?
Brilliant - If speed is of the essence then skip to the good bit and apply now!
On the other hand, if you’re a stickler for detail and want to know more about Agoda and the job read on before applying…
As one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce sites we have a deep-rooted Engineering focus at Agoda. We’re modest and humble but scaling rapidly. As part of the $bn Priceline Group we employ c.2,500 people and are fanatical about building a world-beating eCommerce travel brand.
About the job
Part developer, part researcher, part evangelist. The Web Performance Engineer role involves developing and experimenting the most optimal way to deliver web pages and content to the customer as fast as possible on any device or browser.
You will be a technical leader able to rapidly prototype, measure and deliver best practice for high performance website development.
You’re the kind of person with the need for speed and appreciate that a faster website means a better customer experience! You’ll create lightning quick websites and know how to maintain optimum performance as we give our site some serious scale. Your life is measured in milliseconds not seconds and delivering an uninterrupted customer experience is your mantra.
You’ll be exposed to the business side, and be able to measure the true value of your work. As a technology evangelist you will have to identify areas for optimization, then research and prototype solutions to develop best practices to propagate across the website development teams. You’ll be required to analyse and tune bottlenecks in code, content delivery and on the full array of browsers and client.
- Front end Web Development experience – HTML / CSS / JS etc
- Performance metrics, RUM data, site speed monitoring and performance A/B testing will also preferably be in your armoury
- Deep understanding of web protocols and networking.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP http/http2 protocols
- Server Side coding expertise (but it doesn’t matter which – C# .Net / Java / PHP / Python / GO etc)
- Understand browser behaviour and events and how browsers interpret HTML, CSS, DOM etc. to produce pages on any device as fast as possible.
- Database - Cassandra or similar experience is a plus – Hadoop / MySQL / SQL Server etc
- Experienced in optimising performance of large scale websites
- Explain the full flow of Navigation Timing, Page Load Timing, Resource Timing and how each step can impact the customer and how to measure and monitor this information.
- Web application design, architecture and optimization.
- Database tuning and stored procedure optimization.
- Experience designing high traffic websites.
- Knowledge of broadband, 3G and 4G Networks as well as how traffic passes through internet exchanges is a considered a plus.
Every millisecond counts. We want innovative ideas about how browsers can render content in milliseconds, that we can process TB’s of data in minutes, or how to architect the server side to support tens of thousands of requests a second.
A business-level standard of English both written and spoken is required.
Please note this role is open to both Thai and International candidates.
With relocation support and visa sponsorship available we’ve got you covered, leaving you free to look forward to an amazing new experience!
|Industri||Pariwisata / Agen Perjalanan|
|Perusahaan||Agoda Services Co., Ltd. lihat lowongan|
Agoda is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, working with more than 285,000 hotels in 29 countries and providing its services in 38 different languages. The company was established in 2005 by two veterans of the online travel business. In 2007, it was acquired by the priceline.com Inc. global group of Internet travel companies (Nasdaq: PCLN), and has been growing ever since.
Agoda employs more than 1,200 professionals of all nationalities in 29 locations around the world, with major operations in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Dedicated market managers also maintain close relationships with hotel partners in Europe and the United States. The company is one of the leading IT employers in Southeast Asia, with core strengths in the hospitality industry, online and partner marketing, finance, customer support, and people & organizational development.
Agoda prides itself on a dynamic, multicultural workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. We strive to provide a positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often, and where communication is open, frequent and constructive.
Our people are chosen for their dedication to making things great, their ability to push boundaries, and their understanding that cutting-edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.
lowongan kerja rekomendasi