- Coordinates repair and maintenance functions furnished operating fleet to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs. Reviews repair request and compares request with previous work accomplished on ship concerned and similar vessels to determine that expenditures are economically sound.
- Prepares recommendations for work and initiates procurement of materials.
- Inspect machinery, equipment or spaces outlined in work request, draws up job specifications, and obtains bids from contractors or shipyards to perform repairs.
- Maintains contact with contractors or shipyards to perform repairs.
- Investigates machinery casualties to determine cause and advises ship’s officers in operation to prevent recurrence of casualty or maloperation.
- Maintains records of engineering cost for each vessel, such as repairs, supplies and personnel.
- Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are kept at minimum cost consistent with safety.
- May represent ferry system interest in ferry and terminal construction and maintenance activities and in union contract negotiations.
- Male, maximum age 40 years old
- Minimum Diploma Degree (D3 )Bachelor Degree (S1) majoring in Engineering/Marine Engineering or related studies
- Preferable have experiences as same position (Port Engineering) in Shipping minimum 5 years
- Good Command in English both oral and written
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skill & able to work Underpressure
- Will be placed in Jakarta
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send your complete application (application letter, resume, expected salary, and any related supporting documents) and current color photograph at size 4 x 6 cm by clicking button below