- Liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- Supervising contracted staff
- Meeting subcontractors
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Motivating the workforce
- Problem solving
- Using specialist construction management computer applications
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to plan the project effectively, by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, design drawings, health and safety proposals are all read, understood and agreed, and that a project programme is in place.
- Set up an emergency plan and general site facilities for the project, ensuring that these are in line with the health and safety proposal.
- Form and maintain the storage facilities and manage stock planning so that stock, materials, plant and tools are organised to meet the timescales for the project.
- Form a secure site, including access and egress.
- Formulate a material schedule for the project, including take off from issued drawings and specifications, and produce requisitions as far ahead of programme periods as possible to enable best prices to be obtained by the Purchasing Department.
- Produce a labour schedule in conjunction with line manager and project surveyor to ensure sub contractors packages are placed in time to meet the programme. Maintain the schedule and track progress, keeping records on file and copying weekly records to line manager/ office
Health, Safety and Security
- Provide first aid facilities, ensuring there is a first aid area (kept clear), first aid stocks/facilities are kept clear
- Ensure safety to public, site visitors and staff on site at all times, ensuring that preventative measures are taken, including personal protection, following safety instructions and following all aspects of the health and safety proposal for the site.
- Maintain security of completed works, perimeter barriers, stored materials and plant, at all times during the project
- Supervise and manage all site based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work, to include; carrying out safety inductions; tool box talks; controlling quality of work; ensuring method statement and order fulfilment; cleanliness & tidiness; the use of plant and tools, waste reduction; upkeep of plant and facilities; use of personal protection equipment/wear,
- Ensure that all works carried out are undertaken within current codes of practice eg for brick work, plastering, carpentry etc and that works are are to the required standard
- Check that all materials used, including those used by sub contractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications.
- Keep photographic survey of all site operations and works and forward to the office via line manager.
- Maintain and track deliveries, ensure that stock and materials are deployed properly, off load/check all deliveries to relevant storage facilities, and manage stock issue, adhering at all times to operational needs and with due regard for health, safety and security.
- Communicate effectively at all times with the client, client’s representative, project architect, project engineer, local authorities, residents (if applicable) and all persons affected by the project, representing Thomas Sinden with professionalism,integrity and honesty.
- Liaise daily with the project surveyor and line manager.
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project, either on site or in offices.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for site attendance, site induction, tool box talks, accidents, good received, weekly site records, site safety inspections, plant register records, scaffold report records and all staff related forms / administration.
- Produce TQ sheets and resolve these with the relevant person, ensuring directives are undertaken and also maintaining records of these items, including site instructions received.
- Degree in civil engineering or related disciplines
- Min 5 years experience in Civil/Construction
- Subtantial experience of the full life cycle of a number of commercial building projects, involving the supervision of the project and the staff working on it
- Qualified first aider
- CSCS card (management level)
- And/ Or Construction Management degree, plus some site based work experience up to supervisory level
- Knowledge of Steel Structure Erection
- Placement in Jakarta
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Analitycal skill to be able to understand and interprate complex technical spesifications, drawings and document and formulate plans from them
- Written communication to be able to write reports and complete paperwork/ adminitration
- Numeracy skill, to enable scaling of drawing, checking measurements/ angles and doing calculations
- Verbal communication skills to enable effective communication all levels, and able to develop good relationships wtih clients/ client representatives
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, the codes of practice relating to the, and the requirement for them, to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards
- Understanding of all to health adn safety proposal and able to apply health adn safety adn security requirements
- Commercial approach identifies cost saving, undertand budget issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the CDM regulations
- People management skills, to be able to instruct staff, deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but diciplines working environment
- Pro-active gooq at planning ahead as fa possible as the project progress, checking back to plans/ programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement, able to drive projects forward, expect gooq standard of work, tenacious, and able to overcome barries/ problem solving
- Organized, good at time management and prioritazion of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g for seeing small points in drawing, checking work quality
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- National : Proficient in basic verbal English