Position Title : National Head of Sub-Office
Duty Station : Balikpapan
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-6
Base Salary : IDR 17,392,667,- per month
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension (the first three months shall be considered as probation period)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
- Establish and maintain necessary relationships with local government, local representatives of national government and community leaders.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with Imigrasi, Police and other related stakeholders to assist in the delivery of projects partnered with these agencies.
- Provide comprehensive monthly reports on each project being implemented in the sub-office area.
- Formulate concepts for potential projects in the area. Assist Project Development Unit with development of project proposals related to the area.
- Advise the RCA Regional Programme Coordinator/National Program Coordinator for Eastern Region based in Makassar/Deputy Chief of Mission on migration related trends in the area.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of Irregular Migrants (IMs) under IOM auspices in his area of responsibility and in strict compliance of the agreed IOM Operational Guidelines.
- Monitor Irregular Migrants activities and ensure that all basic services are provided to all Irregular Migrants (IMs) under IOM auspices in a timely and efficient manner. Basic services to be provided to IMs include adequate and appropriate food and water, acceptable accommodation facilities, basic personal supplies and toiletries, security and medical assistance, including psycho-social counseling.
- Visit Irregular Migrants and undertake activities as indicated in the visit activity/work plan prepared in coordination with supervisor.
- Prepare and submit site-visit reports to RCA Regional Programme Coordinator/National Program Coordinator for Eastern Region based in Makassar and Jakarta Operations.
- Coordinate with the Medical and Psychosocial Support teams to ensure that all Irregular Migrants are provided adequate and appropriate medical services, including psychosocial counseling.
- Review and ensure that payments for service providers and local authorities are correct and necessary.
- Coordinate with Jakarta Operations to arrange for transport for Irregular Migrants movements.
- Ensure that all relevant staff is informed of any change in Irregular Migrants status.
- Coordinate with IOM Jakarta to assistant handling resettlement and Voluntary Repatriation of Refugees and Irregular Migrants movements to ensure accurate and update Irregular migrants Statistics.
- Assist Jakarta Operations handle the new arrival of the migrants and to coordinate with the local authorities to arrange the security, food and lodging and purchase the basic needs for the migrants.
- Manage all aspects of the operational, logistical, administrative, budgetary and financial activities as well as supervision of staffing in his/her area responsibility for the administrative matters in close coordination with related unit and in accordance with programme standards. Ensure that all staff members in his/her area are performed their tasks in line with IOM regulation and guidelines.
- Coordinate on security related matters with Logistics & Security Assistant in Jakarta and local UNDSS office. Ensure that sub office and its staff comply with MOSS and MORSS requirement.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University (S1) Degree in Management, Economics, Political, Social Science or Business and Counseling with four years of relevant working experience. OR
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of working experience.
- Good knowledge of, and experience in project implementation and managing the administration and operational.
- Have working experience in any of these fields, particularly in dealing with migrants, refugees/asylum seekers, livelihoods projects or community development projects, direct beneficiaries and/or trainings.
- Experience in managing team.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of IOM procurement, admin and finance rules,
- Proficient in computer applications
b) Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners,
c) Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance organization objectives
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of education certificate.
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
- Migration and development
- Facilitating migration
- Regulating migration
- Forced migration.
Review ( International Organization for Migration )
- Gaji & Benefit
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Manajemen
- Nilai & Budaya
- Jenjang Karir
Lingkungan kerja yang ada sangat universal. Disini juga terdapat profesionalisme kerja yang cukup baik dan sangat menunjang pekerjaan yang dilakukan.
Perusahaan menerapkan kontrak kerja berdasarkan proyek, sehingga tidak bisa berkesinambungan. Selain itu, dalam hal jenjang karir pun belum terlalu transparan.