Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf a world’s largest, multi-carrier E-commerce marketplace for ocean shipping. Our respected client is seeking a hunter-type sales leader who has a combination of software sales experience and has either worked in the logistics industry or has sold to freight forwarders and BCOs for the job of Territory and Business Development Manager-Director Job (Software Solutions – Logistics). The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Personal accountability to develop and grow territory or market revenue across company’s business lines.
- Develop an integrated account and market development plan in alignment with multiple product, marketing and channel managers.
- Focus on new customer acquisition and growth particularly in the “AAA” segment.
- Cultivate and manage in-country relationships with ocean carriers and company alliance partners, including execution of contractual agreements as appropriate, in support of global revenue goals.
- Build successful partnership/business relationships at senior levels with ocean carriers, port owners, government bodies and industry leaders to sell the value proposition of e-commerce.
- Provide leadership to the industry (e.g. represent company on industry forums) within his region to promote the acceptance of E-commerce.
- Promotes, sells and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory or market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyses the territory’s or market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Ownership at a headquarters and key regional offices and through communications with Managing Directors, at a regional level for all account activities relative to account penetration, business development activities, integration requirements, support requirements and overall account satisfaction
- The development and maintenance of detailed “Account Plans” maintained in Salesforce.com
- Communications across company to achieve global account penetration and satisfaction
- Working with regional and headquarter personnel to address any and all account related needs and corporate related objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or sales field
- 10+ years of direct sales experience
- International experience is desired
- Significant commercial experience in a 3PL, Logistics, Software solutions or Ocean Carrier environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be able to speak Bahasa fluently
- Polished negotiation skills with excellent listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrated tenacity and the ability to navigate corporate structures
- Flexibility and ability to shift with the demands of the business in an entrepreneurial, informal environment
- Extensive background in international supply chain and e-commerce solutions is preferred
- Commercial understanding and industry knowledge of the Internet and e-commerce solutions for the logistics sectors such as B2B web portals is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team is critical
- Demonstrated innovativeness and motivation