This position is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of the operations and the services of the Human Resources Division including Talent Management & Recruiting, Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Training/Education & Development, Wellness / Physical Therapy, Benefits, Compensation and Performance Management, HRIS, Office Services, Legal and Governmental compliance, and Budget areas of responsibility
- Builds a world class HR team of professionals that possess state of the art professional knowledge, understand the business issues and opportunities facing the District, and that remain customer focused.
- Leads the HR team in the creation and implementation of progressive initiatives in all HR areas, including talent recruiting and selection, benefits, compensation, wellness, training, performance management and reward systems, and employee relations that align the people strategies with the District’s business strategies and that contribute to a motivated workforce.
- Design and develops effective succession planning process to insure management and professional readiness to meet the growth plans of the District. Assures adequate cross-training for division coverage and employee development.
- Creates, develops, implements, and evaluates all Human Resource programs and supporting systems to insure an integrated approach to all Human Resource systems, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Manages recruitment and selection activities for all salaried and represented positions of division staff, including Job Analysis and the development and implementation of valid selection tools. Leads recruitment team to develop strategic workforce plans, and the recruitment and retention strategies to meet the needs of the District.
- Oversees labor relations function: strategizes with management to develop the District’s proposals. Leads labor contract negotiations and insures consistent application and administration of existing labor contract.
- Provide leadership for all employee relations to assess, investigate, mediate and correct issues.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the research and development of benefits programs and plan design, funding models, negotiation of benefits contracts, and program administration, to insure a strategic and integrated cost effective approach to design, funding and implementation of all programs.
- Manages the development of the annual division budget to support the District’s annual operating plan.
- Guides the development of education, training, and professional development programs that meet the needs of District employees and the organization’s strategic development and succession requirements. Assures availability of adequate training and development opportunities and funding for both salaried and represented employees. Develop an internship program that provides learning and growth opportunities.
- Ensures the efficient design and implementation of on-boarding and orientation of all District employees to actively engage new employees and insure a lasting understanding of the culture, ethics, and expectations of the District
- Creates a performance driven culture through the development and implementation of a Compensation and Performance Management philosophy and system that optimizes the resources of the District and delivers valued, competitive, and cost effective recognition and reward programs.
- Evaluates Human Resources policies and procedures. Revises and develops new policies and procedures as needed. Assures consistent application and adherence to standards of conduct and performance
- Oversees record keeping and retention, assuring that support functions are carried out according to prescribed procedures and good customer service is provided
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field. Preferred Master Degree
- Minimum 7+ in managerial position with deep exposure in Manufacturing
- Extensive and progressively responsible executive experience with all facets of human resources and labor relations management including labor negotiations, developing and negotiating benefits programs, compensation and performance management, talent management and employee relations.
- Certification in Organizational Development desired.
- Experience in Strategic HR Management System , HRIS & Personnel Management / HR Operation
- Familiar with 5R Implementation and ISO Quality Management
- Knowledge of labor relations laws and practices
- Extensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic issues and challenges.
- Highly developed Senior level management and leadership skills
- Exceptional strategic and critical thinking skills and the ability to coach, consult, and work directly with senior managers to translate the needs of the business into HR strategies and actions.
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and staff development.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement Human Resources strategy and tactics.
- Highly developed ability to communicate effectively and confidentially, both oral and written, with all levels of employees, management and Board.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven consulting and problem solving skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to identify complex issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organization change / culture transformation process, and deal with changing situations.