- Translates conceptual designs into detailed engineering documentation including drawings and calculations. Creates engineering drawings, specifications and plans required by manufacturing, fabrication or construction through the application of standard processes and codes of practice. Ensures creation of fit for purpose designs with particular attention being given to the identification and control of hazards.
- Contributes to design reviews and design verification (i.e. the checking and approval) by presenting the design to the responsible engineer for approval. Adjusts design as necessary based on output of design reviews and design verification.
- Maintains an understanding of contract scope. Proactively identifies variation requests to support contract claims.
- Follows work plans and cost estimates for work in own area of responsibility and proactively manages this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at targeted cost.
- Ensures completion of risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions for own projects. Reports early any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management for resolution.
- Ensures that ABB is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer.
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function and reviews vendor documentation for standard, familiar materials and equipment.
- Uses standard processes and tools including 2D drafting and 3D modelling software packages. Assists in developing new methodologies.
- Have minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical & Power Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in engineering in similar industries, especially in substation project.
- Have experience with HV equipment.
- Understand about electrical Standard, especially international standard such as IEC, etc.
- Able to operate electrical engineering software, such as ETAP, MicroStation.
- Have knowledge in Safety.
- Display integrity, positive attitude and common sense.
- The ability to take pressure.
- Excellent communication, customer service and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and Computer literate.