Are You our new Intern dedicated to #working for Denmark?
If the answer is ‘yes!’ you might be our new – and first - intern! The Political, Governance and Strategic Communication Team at the Embassy of Denmark in Jakarta is looking for a pro-active intern who wants to play an essential role in strengthening and promoting political cooperation between Indonesia and Denmark and to increase knowledge about Indonesia in Denmark and about Denmark in Indonesia.
The Embassy’s Political, Governance and Strategic Communication Team is managed by the Deputy Head of Mission and consists of the Political Advisor, the Culture & Public Diplomacy Officer and a Danish political intern (Danish university student).
Your role :
The Intern will report to the Deputy Head of Mission and will be assisting in implementing the Embassy’s Good Governance Programme; political reporting; as well as assisting in the implementation of an ambitious communication strategy – by producing articles and social media updates to both Danish and Indonesian audiences. The Embassy will draw upon the intern’s insight in Indonesian politics and political processes.
Assignments will include :
- Preparation of reports on Indonesian foreign and domestic politics, ASEAN cooperation and other political relevant topics.
- Contribution in assignments within public diplomacy, press work and media handling, including social media.
- Assisting in implementing the Embassy’s Good Governance Programme.
- Helping cultivate the Embassy’s network of Indonesian partners in various areas.
- Taking part in planning of public diplomacy events and small projects (mini grants).
- Provide political advice to the Embassy management team on all aspects of Denmark's engagement.
Your competences :
It is absolutely crucial that the intern has excellent English skills in writing as well as oral. Short listed applicants will be tested in their ability to communicate in English. The intern should have rich knowledge about political processes in Indonesia, Indonesian foreign policy, regional (e.g. ASEAN) and multilateral (e.g. UN) issues, and other related issues such as human rights, democracy, civil society, police and security, religion and countering violent extremism and terrorism. The intern must be enrolled in a Master’s degree programme or equivalent.
What we offer :
The Embassy is offering a six months’ internship and will be full time work. The salary will consist of a base salary allowance reflecting the candidate’s level of qualifications and functions in addition to a possible performance based bonus. We would like you to start as soon as possible and preferably no later than 1 December 2016.
The Embassy of Denmark offers an informal and flexible working environment – we want to have fun every day, but we are also ambitious with a clear goal of delivering results and boosting Denmark’s relationship with Indonesia. Our team consists of a combination of posted staff and local colleagues – and we have an excellent gender balance.
Lowongan pekerjaan ini kemungkinan telah berakhir.
The Embassy of Denmark in Indonesia is located in Kuningan, Jakarta, and is engaged with many different aspects of Danish-Indonesian relations. Our main focus is on :
- Visa and consular services (Travel and residence)
- Development corporation (Danida)
- Supporting sustainable partnerships between Indonesian and Danish companies (Danida Business Partnerships)
- Assisting Danish companies in their activities in Indonesia (Trade Council)
- Government to Government cooperation (G2G)