At Makers Institute, we teach modern programming, software development, data science, product design, and entrepreneurship. We're always on the lookout for great programmers who are also great educators. They're sort of a unicorn (hard to find), but well worth the wait. If you love seeing the lights go on in students' eyes, we'd love to try you out as a Guest Teacher. As the Instructor of Makers Institute Bootcamp Program, you will lead a class of 10-15 students, and teach them on week-nights over 12 weeks, culminating in students applying to their schools of interest. You will deliver lectures, assist students with problem sets, and collect/evaluate data on student progress. Makers Institute will provide you with the curriculum and logistical support required to run the class, but you will also have the opportunity to provide input into the design of and direction of the curriculum.
-Leading classroom instruction by delivering lectures and supporting students as they complete the problem set.
- Complete a week long training course
- Provide input into the design of and direction of the curriculum
- Administer and grade assessments to evaluate student progress.
- Share data with lead teachers/advisors
- Communicate learning targets and outcomes to students on a regular basis
- Promoting best programming practices and a growth mindset amongst students
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Either a current master degree student or master degree graduates preferably studying Computer Science or a related field or a current/former software engineer.
- Passion for working with and engaging students
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
NICE TO HAVES
- A portfolio of software development projects
- Experience teaching people who’ve struggled with learning how to program
- Experience teaching elementary through high school aged students
The expected amount of total hours per week will be between 10-12 hours per week through the duration of the course. Total compensation for the 4-week period will be a fixed sum of Rp.7.200.000, which amounts to roughly Rp.200.000/ teaching hour. The contract can be extended to future months based on mutual interest.