Executive recruitment consultant Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a multinational consumer goods company. Our respected client is seeking a professional with at least 2 years’ experience, preferably in the FMCG industry, for the job of Procurement Assistant Manager. The job is based in Bekasi, Indonesia. The winning candidate will report directly to the Procurement Manager.
The position requires strong organisational, strategic, communication and interpersonal skills to influence others to deliver commitments against agreed timelines in additions to providing visibility of risks and potential benefit. The candidate will also be required to have an understanding of sourcing methodology, commodity market review, spend analysis and procurement reporting.
The primarily responsible of the Procurement Assistant Manager is to support the procurement activities in managing commodities and ingredients and align with key client, procurement regional or global team. Centre of data, information and procurement report for direct or indirect categories, are key components of this job.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Strategic Sourcing Management: conduct industry deep dives, develop sourcing strategies, and utilize 7-step strategic sourcing process when procuring ingredients
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to initiate, direct and conduct all activities relating to negotiating, evaluating, selecting, and implementing preferred supplier contracts. Negotiate legal contracts with suppliers
- Develop long term strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Accountability for compliance on Corporate Environmental Sustainability and Regulatory efforts representing sourcing areas including but not limited to: Commodity certification, Ethical Sourcing, and Risk Management
- Identify creative value optimization ideas which will drive cost savings initiatives (CSI)
- Lead and Manage projects for achieving financial and value optimization targets established by Manager. Monitor and report on savings
- Support key client procurement such as Purchasing, Planner, Manufacturing, R&D in acting as the initial point for ingredient related questions. Ability to distinguish whether an issue can be resolved or needs to be escalated to appropriate manager
- Proficiency in oral / written communication in order to effectively explain complex ideas and approaches to a wide audience. Excellent in report & data analysis (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Provide support to Regional/global Procurement team in Enabler report & data administration
- Ability and comfort in interacting with all levels of the organization, ranging from plant personnel through senior executives. Also, coordinate across multiple functions, to include: Procurement, finance, marketing, legal, R&D, Engineering, and sales, business unit leadership positions.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably food technology, industrial engineering)
- At least 2 years’ work experience in procurement/purchasing/sourcing area, preferably from food industries or FMCG
- Experience in managing contracts and procurement report for local and global
- Capable in data analysis and commodity market review
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Have the dexterity to deliver cost saving initiatives in ingredients category
- A broad range of category expertise for commodities and ingredients
- Experienced in managing supplier risk management and long-term sourcing strategy
- Agile in solving unexpected problems and provide comprehensive solution