Job Description : The main purpose of this role is to advise and support British companies who are seeking to do business in Indonesia or are planning to expand existing activities. The job holder will report to either both the Executive Director and Project Director at BritCham, and will be expected to work closely with DIT team at the British Embassy, British and Indonesian companies, BritCham members, Indonesian and UK companies and organizations.
- Responsible for the on-going development and performance of a local project support team;
- Keep abreast of sector specific information/developments by attending focus group meetings at all chambers and other trade associations;
- Maintain strategic relationship with key UK partners for promotion/pipeline development;
- Facilitate introductions for British companies to Indonesian stakeholder organizations and trade bodies;
- Provide presentations on business opportunities in Indonesia at events in the UK and Indonesia, and possibly elsewhere in the ASEAN region.
- Monitor performance against service delivery, quality and revenue generation targets;
- Oversee the quality of work delivered to UK companies, especially paid-for market research reports;
- Develop a network of contacts with Trade Associations and key partners.
- Responsible for project team and achieving project targets set out by the BritCham Executive;
- Lead project management plan with key milestones/deadlines agreed and act as primary coordination point for internal/external stakeholders – provide regular updates to Board as necessary.
- To help UK companies in a range of sectors; identify opportunities for British companies to win business in Indonesia and devise strategies to ensure these are effectively promoted to British business;
- Undertake bespoke market research work for UK companies, including arranging business meeting programmes in Indonesia;
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the DIT team (based at the British Embassy, Jakarta);
- Lead related projects, events and activities, including inward mssions, outward missions, seminars, exhibition groups and workshops;
- Manage client relationships, including building and maintaining a network of relevant contacts in the UK and Indonesia;
- Work in partnership with DIT team in Jakarta with specific attention on reporting/end to end process to become user expert/point of reference at the Chamber;
- Provide advice to British business enquiries related to doing business in Indonesia;
- Carrying out administrative tasks related to internal databases, such as entering Business Opportunities and recording assistance to companies to the chambers CRM database;
- Support OBNi project, including providing support to companies exhibiting at trade fairs, participating in missions or visiting Indonesia;
- Assist the OBNi Project Director to prepare the monthly report to DIT and reports for and Board of directors;
- Write market access information reports for British companies;
- Provision of content for social media such as websites, twitter;
- Manage Chamber information resources, including identification and selection of sources of information and information providers;
- Populate, organize, and maintain information files, creating electronic reference library;
- Determine content of briefing materials prepared for calls/enquiries from UK based SME clients, members, stakeholders and other partner Chambers across ASEAN and UK;
- Prioritize, own and lead research activities on behalf of British businesses;
- Populate, organize, and maintain shared information systems;
- Any other duties as directed by the Project Director and consistent with the objectives, vision and mission of the British Chamber as a whole.
- A degree plus at least four years experience of working either in the private sector or international trade (market research experience would be advantageous);
- A self-starter, able to work independently and on their own initiative to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines;
- A proven track record of successful relationship management with international clients;
- Administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, use of email, the internet, ability to write effectively and work with figures;
- Events and project management skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- Previous research experience advantageous;
- The job holder must be prepared to travel to the UK and within the region;
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Apply by sending the following documents (no more than 500kb) :
- Updated resume with a recent photograph with expected salary
- Motivation letter (in English) - upload/attach the motivation letter along with CV online.
- by using button "Apply Now" below
Closing date : October 14 2016
Successful applicants will be interviewed during the week of October 17, for an Dec 1 Start.
British Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia is a membership association, established with a mission to facilitate trade and investment between Indonesia and Britain.