This role will report to the General Manager of the firm and with several strategic direct subordinates throughout Indonesia. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited in developing the right buying strategy to reach and support the business target of the company, identifying and managing inefficiency to improve the buying operations, cost savings, volume, and supply. Manage cost to be constantly low by having the insight of inflation factors.
A worldwide player company with decades of experience in the tobacco industry, this business is geared for sustainable growth throughout the world and in Indonesia. During this exciting and challenging time in Indonesia, we are looking for a Senior Manager Buyer to drive competitive pricing, great quality, and managing product availability through a robust process management.
This role will report to the General Manager of the firm and with several strategic direct subordinates throughout Indonesia. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing the right buying strategy to reach and support the business target of the company.
- Identifying and managing inefficiency to improve the buying operations, cost savings, volume, and supply
- Manage cost to be constantly low by having the insight of inflation factors.
- Lead strategy to drive down costs on a multi-million US Dollar yearly spending
- Understand and leading the regular appointed supplier evaluation to maintain high supplier service level with low rejection level.
- Manage multiple active contracts and understand the proper process with the vendors to provide the best possible pricing and quality.
- Leading and managing this strategic category management as well as the operational buying team
- Able to lead a diverse team member spread throughout various regions
- Investigate trends in commodity price fluctuation and manage future probability fluctuation to keep P/L healthy.
- Act as a leader and motivator to support the process of induction, talent management and succession planning.
- Implement proper Environment Health Safety throughout all appropriate processes.
We invite a highly experienced and strategic tobacco buyer with an eye for cost-cutting and efficiency opportunities. We are seeking the services of a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity. To be successful you must come with:
- A proven track record of at least 10 years of strong record in either buying and production roles, preferably within commodity firms of large companies
- Able to drive strategy implementation as well as changes
- Able to lead a team of an experienced team members
- Solid experience in managing resource partnership and category management
- Able to execute daily strategic and hands-on tasks to ensure target realisation with strong integrity, ethical measures, and EHS control.
- Highly able to set the pace of a team and efficient in time management
- Modern, energetic, self-starter, display initiative and proposes pragmatic new ideas / approaches and you must have worked with an MNC previously
- Fluency in both verbal and written English Language as well as Bahasa Indonesia.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Working for a world's most innovative multinational company in its industry.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gani Garbadi on +62 21 2958 8857
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.co.id