Reports to: Program Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The position will require regular field visits, discussions and meetings with farmers and local stakeholders. In addition the position will require planning, organizational skills and report writing.
- Carry our field survey using a “Rural Dynamics Diagnostic” (RDD) tool to systematically gather information on the rural dynamics, such as stakeholder mapping, community dynamics, farming systems, living conditions, market opportunities, business relationships, education, access to health services, access to water & sanitation and infrastructure, etc.
- Provide advice, ideas, and innovations; and participate actively internally and externally for helping spread and develop Rurality Program: from the vision to the day-to-day work.
- Engaging with local stakeholders, understand their role and build trust.
- Collaborating with local stakeholders and proactively looking for solutions how to improve farmers’ resilience, including their profitability and agricultural production, enhancing environmental and social stewardship and to foster development needs at the smallholder’s level.
- Assist in preparing participative action plan for farmers’ transformation projects. Assist in implementing action plan for farmers’ transformation project.
- Providing thorough analysis and recommendation for TFT and TFT Clients in creating strong smallholder engagement and empowerment programs in their supply chains.
- Writing Reports for internal and external audiences on work done related to collected data and discussions with relevant stakeholders.
- Undertake regular communications with Rurality Coordinator and Rurality Manager with a view to providing clear updates on progress, challenges and issues for which additional support may be required.
- Ability travel extensively and willingness to live in remote rural areas and/or plantation estates away from home for longer periods of time
- To fulfil the duties of employment, this position needs to be accessible to the communities they serve. This means the work will often include unsocial hours, such as evenings and weekends, so considerable flexibility is required
Education, Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in social, rural development , agricultural, forestry, natural resource management, plantation, environment, biology or any relevant field related community engagement especially with farmers
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience with local communities, in rural areas with agriculture environment
- Knowledge and understanding on agronomy practices
- Knowledge and understanding tools/ methods SIA (Social Impact Assessment), PRA (Participatory Rural Appraisal) and PM (Participatory Mapping)
- Knowledge and understanding on environmental and social issues related to agriculture production such as oil palm, pulp and paper, and other agricultural commodities
- Skilled in data collection, data analysis and report writing
- Advanced writing and communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and basic writing and communication skills in English
- Having social and negotiating skills and able to mediate conflicts if occur.Well-developed communication and listening skills, team player, good presenter
- Humble person with leadership, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programme
- Able to use GIS software, e.g. Arc GIS is an added advantage
Please send your resume and cover letter in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries will be accepted
Tutup pada 04/November/2016