Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a client that has been active in a number of industries in Indonesia for more than 50 years, as well as a number of other countries. Our respected client is seeking a coal mining operational management professional with at least 15 years’ experience for the job of Mining Director. The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Identify strategic investment and divestment opportunities of mining sites
- Set strategies, budgets and operational plans to achieve company targets
- Ensure safe operating procedures and compliance with health, safety and environmental measures at all times
- Manage the mine operation, including mining, processing, maintenance, projects, safety, environment, security, and site services
- Analyse production data and reports, investigate variances and implement action plans to optimize process performance
- Set strategies and operational plans to achieve company’s targets
- Assist in developing annual operating and capital budgets for the mine consistent with the company’s financial guidelines and business planning processes
- Long term planning, engineering and cost studies for possible mine expansion
- Ensure appropriate project close-out and lessons learned reports are generated and distributed at the conclusion of the project.
- Oversee all mining operations
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or other related major from a reputable university
- At least 15 years of experience in mining operations (preferably coal mining)
- Experience and network in related government ministries, departments and regulators
- Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills