Position Title : Health Team Assistant I
Duty Station : Surabaya
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G-4
Base Salary : IDR 10,249,833,- per month
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension (the first three months shall be considered as probation period)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 October 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- Provide assistance to MHP to ensure that all health components of the project are implemented in line with logical frame works.
- Support monitoring and evaluation health programme for asylum seekers/refugees/ irregular migrants under IOM care (IOM beneficaries) in IDC, community housing and interception sites in Surabaya area.
- Provide assistance in establishing, maintaining and monitoring health assistance for beneficiaries in IDC and interception sites in Surabaya area by providing weekly field visitation.
- Liaise with IOM panel health facilities (primary, secondary and tertiary care facilities) to maintain quality assurance respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations
- IN close coordination with MHP, liaise with relevant (health) authorities regarding the health issues of IOM beneficairies including their voice as well as inline within IOM Operations guideline
- Provide assistance to MHP, to identifies and make necessary arrangements for health service in IDC and interception sites with secondary and tertiary care facilities for referral of migrants while respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that IOM health assistance for beneficiaries adheres to essentials of primary care principles, rati8. Provide support on budgeting preparation and verifying day to day operational needs in providing primary care based health service provisions and facilitation for preventive care and accessing secondary and tertiary care services including payment cycle to implementing partners.
- Provide assistance to MHP, to ensure that emergency medical referral systems are establish in IDC Surabaya and interception sitesefficiently as medical needs in coordination with relevant authorities and IOM Health/Operations staff in the field.
- Provide assistance to MHP to manage need assessment, and health behavior of irregular migrants on a regular basis and inform SMHP on intervention such as health promotion and other needs on a quarterly basis.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Public Health, Medicine and Nursing will be highly regarded with two years of relevant work experience in any of these fields, particularly in dealing with migrants, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge and experience in health services
- Experience in community development, public health and psychosocial fields related to health system.
- Excellent knowledge of structures and functions of district health office and ministry of health;
- Capacity to work effectively, strong strategic and creative thinking harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Prior experience working in health insurance and health promotion fields are advantages.
- Experience in liaising with governmental as well as national and international institutions preferred.
b) Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
b) Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link :
c) Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered