Founded on September 28, 2007, PT Bank ICBC Indonesia ("ICBC Indonesia") was established after Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited ("ICBC") acquired and integrated Halim Bank Indonesia. The acquisition process has served as an example of a successful take over of an overseas bank by a China-based bank. After seven years of development, ICBC Indonesia has become the largest Chinese-funded financial institution in the Indonesian market by asset scale.
In September 2013, Bank ICBC Indonesia was awarded the 1st rank for Corporate Social Responsibility for banks with capital between Rp.1 trillion to Rp.5 trillion by Indonesian Banking Association (Perbanas) and Economic Review Magazine. In term of asset, at the end of December 2014, the assets of ICBC Indonesia had exceeded Rp.39 Trillion. In November 2014, International Credit Agency, Moddy’s Investor Service, gave Baa2 rating with a stable outlook for long term loans to ICBC Indonesia.
Corporate Awards :
- “50 Best Performing Bank 2010 Award” from Investor magazine.
- “Bank Performance of the Year 2010 Award” for the category of small private bank from PERBANAS.
- “50 Best Performing Bank 2011 Award” from Investor magazine, the “China’s Top Brand” for the category of Bank from SHENG YI magazine.
- “Bank with a Very Good Rating 2012 Award” from Infobank magazine.
- “Indonesian Banking Award 2014” from Tempo magazine.
- The Best Bank for Mixed Bank category by Indonesian Banking School and Tempo Media at the Indonesia Banking Award 2014 (Anugerah Perbankan Indonesia 2014).
- “Bank with a Very Good Rating 2014” from Infobank Magazine in the event of Infobank Award 2014 held on July 2014. The award was granted to the best banks in Indonesia that had successfully improved their performance or maintained their growth while significantly contributing to the Indonesian economy and capital market, and investing in the country.