As the Airfreight Business Development Manager, you are requested to use your knowledge and expertise in Sales to increase the professionalism of the Sales Team, as well as increase the overall performances of AF division, profit-wise (gross margin) and quality-wise (selected customers in phase with Ahlers Development Strategy).
- Together with the Division Managers, to increase the potential of the existing Sales and Customers.
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective Sales system, by being a natural, caring and knowledgeable Business Development Manager.
- Together with the AF Team, create a budget and action plan to obtain potential customers (hunting) and maintain existing customers (farming).
- Support the Division Manager in their prospection & sales activities and provide assistance to them in problems which might arise relating to their sales activities.
- Ensure strict respect of the Ahlers SOP & guidelines by the Sales Team (customers & prospects lists, visits planning, visit reports, CRM/YODA analysis & segmentation)
- Motivate and guide the Sales Team about their prospects for airfreight customers
- Together with the Division Manager, negotiate rates with Airline and third party subcontractors.
- Diversify commodity base, to avoid too much dependence on one single commodity
- Coordinate and cooperate with other Ahlers’ offices and agents in regards to sales leads and mutual cooperation.
- Leverage the Ahlers network.
- Achieve a personal target of US$ 5000 a month (Gross Margin)
- Achievements to be measured on a monthly basis and part of the professional evaluation
- Minimum 5 years of sales and business development experience in an Airfreight forwarding Company.
- Excellent presentation & selling skills.
- Familiar with Incentive remuneration systems and sales targets
- Ability to work under pressure, meetwith tight deadlines in a multicultural environment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree holder I S—1 or higher, fluent in English
- Located in Jakarta