ScrumMaster (IT Project Manager) is responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and best practices of agile software development The ScrumMaster is often considered a coach for the team, helping the team do the best work it possibly can.
The ScrumMaster is responsilbe in initiating possible initiatives to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and etc.
- Guiding the team and organization on implementing agile software development best practice
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role will be a plus point