Ahlers Thoeng Indonesia PT
Business Development Manager for Tobacco Industry
As the Supply Chain Manager for the Tobacco Industry, you are requested to use your knowledge and expertise of the Tobacco Industry to set up and develop this new service for Ahlers Indonesia. You will be actively participating in the growth of Ahlers Indonesia by offering dedicated supply chain solutions to Companies active in the Tobacco industries (upstream & downstream), based on our large service offering (containerized & project forwarding, customs brokerage, warehousing, land logistics and any other added-value logistics products).
Location : Ahlers Surabaya office
- Responsible for setting up and operating a brand new Tobacco Division.
- Responsible and accountable for the HR, operations/customer service, finance, sales & marketing activities :
- Sales & Marketing:
- Top priority and extreme attention must be given to Business Development of the Tobacco vertical.
- Special attention must be given to increase portfolio of customers by targeting prospects falling under the USP’s decided for your Division.
- Setting Sales objectives on a monthly and yearly basis for your Division.
- Monitor sales activities and performances for you and for your dedicated Sales Team, on a monthly basis, using the Ahlers Income Objectives format and YODA methodology.
- Organize monthly meetings with the other Sales Teams to develop synergies, survey objectives and achievements and increase overall selling skills for Tobacco to all Sales.
- H&R & Team Structure
- Hiring new team members to support the growth of the Tobacco Division, and increase professionalism & ‘’know-how’’ by hiring experienced Sales, operational staffs and a finance team.
- Responsible for a full and effective use of the ATI Software by all employees (Operations, Finance and Reporting).
- Motivation of the staff and maintaining a healthy and good team spirit.
- Assist the team as a problem solver, to guide and instruct the staff to act in a professional and business oriented way (basically, set the example !).
- In charge of developing strong relationships with suppliers and third parties companies acting as service providers for the Ahlers Tobacco Division.
- Smooth organization of the operations and documentation flow with 0 (zero) tolerance for mistakes.
- Responsible for creating and implementing SOP’s in line with Ahlers’ Policies.
- Continuously improving the logistics services levels by doing research on all existing quality suppliers and prices.
- Strict implementation of the company policies in respect of debit /credit control and proper reporting. Adherence to guidelines (SOP) created by management in respect finance/accounting workflow with special attention required in respect of the control of the activities, in general, and the financial follow up.
- Monitoring closely customers, agents and third-parties account receivables/payables.
- Responsible for daily affairs of your Division :
- Attendance, leaves, vacations
- Telephone usage
- Car & driver usage
- Security & Confidentiality
- Creating a pleasant and motivating working environment.
- Responsible for a correct reporting to the General Manager (current activities & planning, commercial pipeline and finances).
- Expected to report any issues to Management, in order to get support and solve issues quickly.
- As a member of the Management Team of Ahlers Indonesia, you will attend local Management meetings and international Group meetings.
Shared responsibilities with the General Manager :
- Acquisition and development of new key customers
- Preparation of the annual actions plans, budgets, business
- Jointly monitoring the service level and help solve problems/issues with third party.
- Implementation of systems and improve the professionalism at Division level.
- Implementation and facilitation of change processes to create a more effective and efficient Division.
Restrictions of the responsibilities
- You need the approval of the General Manager in case of:
- Providing credit facilities to customers
- Providing R/C’s to shippers, consignees, agents and or third parties
- Hiring/releasing of employees.
- Promotion of team members to different positions.
- Bonus schemes and salary level changes, including car policy and other H/R related issues such as hospitalization and pension fund schemes, loans to staff members, etc.
- Investments :
- Large projects or big shipments where considerable risks are involved.
- Contact with the press
- Decisions which would bind the company for an amount over US$ 5 000
We would like to bring to your attention that Ahlers has a clear policy in respect of corruption and bribery, in and outside the company, and that such practices are absolutely not tolerated.
In case of violation of the policy, you will be dismissed with immediate effect.
- Minimum 5 years of sales and business development experience in a Logistics or forwarding Company.
- Knowledge of the Tobacco industry is welcome.
- Good strategic thinking, solutions building and selling skills.
- Willing to build up & grow profitable business for Ahlers new Tobacco Division
- Willing to work as a team leader with strong leadership / managerial skill.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree holder / S-1 or higher, fluent in English
- Located in Surabaya
|Lokasi||Surabaya, Jawa Timur|
|Industri||Transportasi / Logistik|
|Perusahaan||Ahlers Thoeng Indonesia PT lihat lowongan lihat gaji lihat review lihat profil|
PT Ahlers Thoeng is a joint-venture between Ahlers Asia Pte Ltd and the Indonesian company PT Bruno Phala Internasional, fully licensed for international freight forwarding services in all of Indonesia. The quality and reliability of services, a well-organised logistic system and the ability to flexibly respond to the requirements of the shippers and overseas receivers have won the company its reputation of being one of the leading forwarders on the island of Java.
For more than 100 years, Ahlers has been helping clients with logistics and maritime services all over the world.
With 900 employees in 35 offices on 3 continents we can provide experienced logistics experts all around the world. We offer services in five areas: international forwarding, maritime services, project logistics, agency work and warehousing/value added services.Ahlers has reinvented itself many times over. Today, we introduce “Ahlers 4.0”: the next generation of logistics and supply chain optimisation.
Our mission and vision
“What can we do for you today”? At Ahlers, this is the one question we ask ourselves every day. A simple and powerful message that embodies the organisation we want to be. Putting the customer first is our credo and offering the best solutions in international logistics is our ambition. This is what sets us apart from the competition.
The four pillars of our mission and vision are:
- We are specialised: no company can be good at everything so we aim at being great in what we specialise in: chemicals, tobacco , projects & machinery and supply chain optimisation.
- We share our customer’s drive: we share our customer’s journey, we are truly supportive and we are willing to learn from each other.
- We are agile: we are professionals with an open and creative mind. We will draw from our experiences in many fields and bring them together in new and dedicated solutions.
- We are fearless: we are concerned about meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs. We will tackle every challenge in an efficient and effective way and we will do whatever it takes to resolve those needs.
Our employees are best described through three simple statements: passionate about the customer and the business, hands-on and professional.
Mengapa bergabung dengan kami?
Our view on personal development and careers Working at Ahlers is a challenging experience. We match talent and commitment with career opportunities and success. We encourage our people to explore and grow their talents in different settings and projects, inviting them to taste various functions and even geographies. We don’t focus on fancy titles and complex hierarchy. Instead, we prefer self-management, agility and teamwork. Working at Ahlers may sound exciting and promising - and it really is. But your career is not the only thing you care about. We just want you to know that we care as much about a good work life balance as you do. We are always on the lookout for talents! Interested in the Ahlers way of working? What are you waiting for? Have a look at our current vacancies or simply send us an application letter along with your resume. We will get in touch soon!
lowongan kerja rekomendasi
Ahlers Thoeng Indonesia PT
- Masih Bekerja
- Sales / Business Development
- 11 Oktober 2015
- Gaji & Benefit
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Manajemen
- Nilai & Budaya
- Jenjang Karir
- Lokasi kantor strategis sehingga mudah dijangkau oleh sebagian besar karyawan. Fasilitas di dalam kantor juga sudah cukup nyaman dan menyenangkan.
- Menurut saya tidak fair jika gaji dipotong karena keterlambatan masuk jam kerja, karena jalanan Jakarta sering macet. Perusahaan perlu menimbang kembali hal ini.