- Responsible for setting up and operating a brand new Tobacco Division.
- Responsible and accountable for the HR, operations/customer service, finance, sales & marketing activities :
Sales & Marketing:
- Top priority and extreme attention must be given to Business Development of the Tobacco vertical.
- Special attention must be given to increase portfolio of customers by targeting prospects falling under the USP’s decided for your Division.
- Setting Sales objectives on a monthly and yearly basis for your Division.
- Monitor sales activities and performances for you and for your dedicated Sales Team, on a monthly basis, using the Ahlers Income Objectives format and YODA methodology.
- Organize monthly meetings with the other Sales Teams to develop synergies, survey objectives and achievements and increase overall selling skills for Tobacco to all Sales.
H&R & Team Structure
- Hiring new team members to support the growth of the Tobacco Division, and increase professionalism & ‘’know-how’’ by hiring experienced Sales, operational staffs and a finance team.
- Responsible for a full and effective use of the ATI Software by all employees (Operations, Finance and Reporting).
- Motivation of the staff and maintaining a healthy and good team spirit.
- Assist the team as a problem solver, to guide and instruct the staff to act in a professional and business oriented way (basically, set the example !).
- In charge of developing strong relationships with suppliers and third parties companies acting as service providers for the Ahlers Tobacco Division.
- Smooth organization of the operations and documentation flow with 0 (zero) tolerance for mistakes.
- Responsible for creating and implementing SOP’s in line with Ahlers’ Policies.
- Continuously improving the logistics services levels by doing research on all existing quality suppliers and prices.
- Strict implementation of the company policies in respect of debit /credit control and proper reporting. Adherence to guidelines (SOP) created by management in respect finance/accounting workflow with special attention required in respect of the control of the activities, in general, and the financial follow up.
- Monitoring closely customers, agents and third-parties account receivables/payables.
Responsible for daily affairs of your Division :
- Attendance, leaves, vacations
- Telephone usage
- Car & driver usage
- Security & Confidentiality
- Creating a pleasant and motivating working environment.
- Responsible for a correct reporting to the General Manager (current activities & planning, commercial pipeline and finances).
- Expected to report any issues to Management, in order to get support and solve issues quickly.
- As a member of the Management Team of Ahlers Indonesia, you will attend local Management meetings and international Group meetings.
- Acquisition and development of new key customers
- Preparation of the annual actions plans, budgets, business
- Jointly monitoring the service level and help solve problems/issues with third party.
- Implementation of systems and improve the professionalism at Division level.
- Implementation and facilitation of change processes to create a more effective and efficient Division.
- You need the approval of the General Manager in case of:
- Providing credit facilities to customers
- Providing R/C’s to shippers, consignees, agents and or third parties
- Hiring/releasing of employees.
- Promotion of team members to different positions.
- Bonus schemes and salary level changes, including car policy and other H/R related issues such as hospitalization and pension fund schemes, loans to staff members, etc.
- Investments :
- Large projects or big shipments where considerable risks are involved.
- Contact with the press
- Decisions which would bind the company for an amount over US$ 5 000
We would like to bring to your attention that Ahlers has a clear policy in respect of corruption and bribery, in and outside the company, and that such practices are absolutely not tolerated.
- Minimum 5 years of sales and business development experience in a Logistics or forwarding Company.
- Knowledge of the Tobacco industry is welcome.
- Good strategic thinking, solutions building and selling skills.
- Willing to build up & grow profitable business for Ahlers new Tobacco Division
- Willing to work as a team leader with strong leadership / managerial skill.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree holder / S-1 or higher, fluent in English
- Located in Surabaya