Reference No.: VN/ID10/2016/074
Position Title: Finance Assistant II (Grants Management)
Duty Station: Jakarta
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-5
Base Salary: IDR 13,736,000,- per month
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension (the first three months shall be considered as probation period)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24 October 2016
- Assist the Senior Finance Assistance (SFA) in checking the day to day budgetary and financial functions in accordance with IOM’s rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assist the SFA in maintaining financial tracking and financial record keeping including, weekly PRF monitoring, PO tracking, financial report, commitment tracking report, daily operational balance, tracking sheet, and report on overspent and underspent items, among others.
- Assist the SFA in monitor budget and analyses variances between budget and actual expenditures for project, prepare pipelines, prepare invoice on timeline basis to be submitted to donor, financial and donor reports, if necessary.
- Assist SFA in conducting quality control checks on the monthly accounts, ensure that debtor/creditor accounts are cleared in a timely manner, review and reconcile the balance sheet and review all other outstanding financial matters with banks and suppliers.
- Assist SFA in preparation of financial reports.
- Review and monitor NGO partners’ financial report, monitor the cost-effectiveness of its activities in providing services to target beneficiaries and verify that all of their financial records are in accordance with IOM standards.
- Assist in the assessment of NGO service contracts/grants by: (a) thorough checking that service contracts/grant applications meet ICARE grants criteria; (b) give advice to potential service providers on grants application processes, in line with IOM standard rules/procedures; (c) submit recommendations to the SPC on merits of grant applicants; (d) acting as ICARE focal point for service providers/grantees; (e) administering grant payments, in accordance with grants contractual provisions; (f) monitoring progress of service providers/grantees; (g) keep and maintain accurate records of service contracts/grants; and (h) give presentations to potential service providers/grantees on ICARE grant schemes.
- Work closely with Jakarta Finance and Procurement Unit to ensure that all the duties are done in coordinative manner, and in line with IOM procedures and processes.
- Undertake duty travel, as required.
- Perform such other duties, as may be assigned.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration with a professional certification as chartered accountant or certified public accountant, with minimum 3 (three) years relevant work experience; or
- Completed High School degree with at least 5 (five) years in relevant work experience.
- Minimum three years of finance/accounting and administrative experience.
- Have relevant training and field experience, specifically in IOM accounting systems.
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage, including that of database administration.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in IOM computerized accounting systems.
- Good knowledge of MS office, specifically MS Excel.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Experience in project management support and information gathering.
- Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly; d) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) Displays mastery of subject matter; g) Contributes to a collegial team environment; i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations.
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.