1. Analyzing changes in bills of material, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
2. Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
3. Preparing estimates of new and proposed product costs
4. Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
5. Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger (as it relates to Inventory and COGS accounts)
6. Preparing journal entries
7. Reconcile raw material and finished goods inventories
8. Oversees and audits physical inventory and monitors cycle count program
9. Assists with special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses.
10. Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand by customer type
11. Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export IT, receiving, shipping, and other.
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
2. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
3. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
4. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
7. Minimum 3 years of experience (preferred majority of which should involve cost accounting in a manufacturing environment).
8. Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with an ERP system in a manufacturing environment to determine, analyze and resolve variances (Syteline is preferred but will consider Oracle, SAP etc.)
10. Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
11. Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves.
12. Apparel industry background preferred.
13. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.