TERMS OF REFERENCE – LEGAL SPECIALIST (LS)
CGIF is calling for candidates for its Legal Specialist (LS) position. CGIF’s LS is a professional and international staff position. The selected candidate will be offered an internationally competitive salary and benefits package.
The LS will report directly to the General Counsel (GC) and will have the following main responsibilities.
- Lead and advise CGIF on mainly cross-border deal/financial documentations, (as an execution lawyer role), including English law governed guarantee offer letter, guarantee agreements, reimbursement and indemnity agreements, and guarantee fee letter (covering covenants, representations and warranties, and collation of conditions precedent documents, etc.)
- Lead and advise CGIF on the bond and security documentation and legal issues relating to capital market transactions entered into to ensure that they are aligned with market/industry standards
- Review and comment on legal opinions issued in favor of CGIF regarding bond/guarantee related and/or capital market transactions
- Plan, manage and conduct legal due diligence on corporate counterparties for CGIF cross-border deals to identify any important legal issues
- Liaise and coordinate with external counsels appointed by CGIF and those representing counterparties in respect of items listed above.
- Draft and manage template documents for deals and institutional use
- Perform such other functions and duties necessary and/or incidental to the foregoing and to the LS’s role as a member of the LD
- Has specialized knowledge and international experience on legal practice areas, including, but not limited to, banking/finance
- Has the ability to analyse, review and execute the legal requirements for CGIF to address legal issues
- Has the advance ability to provide legal advice on CGIF’s policies, practices and procedures to support its guarantee operations involving complex legal issues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Integrates specialized techniques, that are gained from past experiences, different projects, organizations, and countries, to offer resolutions and achieve target goals
- Plans for current or immediate risks by developing contingencies and programs to address issues that may impact achievement of results
- Makes informed decisions and advise, to solve problems, based on available information
- Oversees department goals well and is able to set priorities according to department’s work plan
- Fulfils commitments on time that contribute to meeting organizational goals
- Motivates staff to respond constructively to change
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Builds collaborative and cooperative relationships to achieve organization-wide goals
- Initiates/ anticipates assistance and support needed to provide to others to achieve departmental objectives
- Treats everyone with courtesy, respect; strives to be fair and consistent
A master’s degree (or equivalent) and Admission to the Bar (or equivalent) in any ADB-member country; University degree in Law combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Around 10 years or more of relevant experience in financial documentation (as an execution lawyer), with emphasis on banking, capital markets transactions, including credit-enhanced bond structures, structured finance transactions, and other structured securities
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write persuasively, negotiate, and present ideas clearly and concisely in English
- Professional integrity, intellectual leadership and strong interpersonal, diplomatic and partnership skills expected of in-house counsels
- Outstanding legal drafting and analytical skills and willingness to render advice to safeguard legal risk
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work either with peers or with considerable autonomy as well as willingness to work under pressure
- Preferably experienced in public international law and with legal work for Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) or International Organizations
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae including nationality, present and expected salary, a recent photograph, a contact telephone number and an email address no later than 30 November 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive notification on the next stage of evaluation.
Tutup pada 12/November/2016