Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant I
Duty Station: Surabaya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-4
Base Salary: IDR 10,249,833,- per month
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, (the first six months shall be considered as probation period)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 28 October 2016
- Receive, review and process incoming requests from requisitioners ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for good and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requisitioners, particularly from programme managers at the sub office.
- If necessary, assist programme staff in preparation of unambiguous specifications for purchase of goods, prior submission of requisition.
- Coordinate and ensure that all project related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance to the purchase authorization matrix.
- Identify potential vendors, conduct vendor’s appraisals and if suitable register them in PRISM (SAP) system and/or procurement company’ database.
- Liaise with Logistics/Procurement Officer regarding procurement of goods/service, to consolidate overall office procurement requirements and optimize purchasing power.
- Plan and implement procurement activities, including obtaining quotations, preparation of evaluation and recommendation, issuance of Purchase Order (PO) or Service Agreement (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines and in coordination with Logistics/Procurement Officer.
- Prepare Purchase Orders or Service Agreements and ensure authorization is received in accordance to Mission Permanent Instructions.
- Coordinate with the Finance Assistant to ensure that prior to the final ordering and delivery of goods/services, the WBS element and budget line item have been determined.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore ensure quality and opportune delivery of purchased goods/services.
- Report to requisitioner on the status of procurements, including estimated time of delivery and/or any changes which may affect pre-determined delivery conditions. In the event of changes, propose alternatives to mitigate delays in project implementation processes.
- Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance department concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
- Maintain optimal records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Evaluate vendor’s performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery of goods/services against the concluded PO/SA and organizations’ best interests.
- Ensure that the proper IOM administrative procedures and standards for follow up, canvassing, bidding, ordering and stock keeping are strictly adhered to.
- Prepare weekly progress report for all procurement activities and provide brief updates to HsO on overall status of purchases, logistics and warehousing.
- Ensure that all procurement transactions are done through PRIMS(SAP).
- Ensure and manage that office asset inventory is in line to IOM Assets inventory policy and maintain updated asset inventory report.
- Coordinate office fleet and drivers activities to ensure all transactions are in line to IOM fleet management policy.
- At the request of the Line Manager or HoSO, participate in staff development and training processes.
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in the relevant field of expertise (Business Administration, Logistics, Management) with 2 (two) years of relevant working experience, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 4 (four) years of working experience.
- Good knowledge of, and experience in procurement and logistics, administration and operational, preferably have experience or familiar with IOM regulation system.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required. Good knowledge of MS office, specifically Microsoft EXCEL.
- Have knowledge and experience in SAP is an advantage.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).