- • Attractive Remuneration Package
- • Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- • Safe Working Environment
The Department for International Trade (formerly-UK Trade and Investment) is the British Government’s world-leading trade and investment promotion organisation. Our role is to help UK businesses succeed in overseas markets and attract high quality investment to the UK.
This is a new and exciting role to encourage inward investment from Indonesia to the UK.
The post holder will be comfortable working with senior level people as the role involves close working with Her Majesty the Queen’s Ambassador to Indonesia, the Director of Trade and Investment for Indonesia and senior colleagues from the Department for International Trade in London and the ASEAN region.
The job holder will use their strong sales/marketing skills to play a lead role in identifying the interests of potential high value Indonesian investors and matching these to potential commercial opportunities in the UK. He/she will then showcase the opportunities by facilitating Ambassadorial and/or Ministerial engagement with the investor and visits to the UK.
The position is for an initial period of 12 months.
The Senior Account Manager will:
- Own the prospect management process for potential Indonesian investors, with support from London and the colleagues in the ASEAN region
- Support Ambassador and Director of Trade and Investment to target and engage with High Value Potential Investors as identified by the programme.
- Lead on inward investment to the UK at the British Embassy
- Identify problems and potential risks for escalation with the Director of Trade and Investment and London.
- Maintain a long list of targets and criteria for the duration of the programme and apply lessons from the review process.
- Lead on Ministerial submission and briefing requests, preparation and participation in programme boards and other departmental activities.
- Assist delivery in association with private sector partners and other members of the Embassy team.
- Feed into internal reviews and reports in association with private sector partners and any of the programme boards.
- Before applying for this position, please review the guidance below on how to complete competency statements.
- Experience working on commercial matters, particularly banking or consulting, in the private sector and working with senior executives would be highly desirable.
- Any knowledge and experience of evaluating high value commercial opportunities would help but these skills can be developed.
- Experience of operational delivery and external meetings.
- Experience of dealing face to face with senior figures or investors.
- Experience of delivering in complex stakeholder environments.
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of government ways of working and the UK PLC offer.
- Fluent in written and spoken Bahasa is useful.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Starting monthly gross salary of IDR 19,562,194 (salary negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
The jobs involve travel, including to the UK, regionally and within Indonesia. A willingness and ability to travel is required.
Learning and Development Opportunities
A degree of commercial training will be required, including understanding FDI and the UK offer.
We are passionate about developing our staff and we have a dedicated programme developing our Investment Capability offer, which supports the overall DIT learning offer.
Through consultation with colleagues and extensive development, we have created an effective, high-quality and consistent programme which targets the key skills needed to deliver our strategic goals and bring higher-value Inward Investment to the UK. It combines the relationship management and business development skills which are specific to Investment work with knowledge of our sectors and the UK offer and the core skills which underpin delivering for the UK Government.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. The successful candidate will need to arrange his/her own Police Certificate. You must also have the permit to work in Indonesia in order to apply.
Please visit the link to our recruitment site https://goo.gl/14KcJz
Deadline for applications will be on 2355 3 November 2016. We will not accept late applications.
We regret to advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
Tutup pada 13/November/2016