Under the supervision of the Team Leader-PMC, the Senior Project Officer will provide effective and efficient support, coordination and management of CIFOR’s projects implementation activities. This will require: substantial initiative and judgment; understanding of CIFOR’s systems, policies and procedures; and close collaboration with Team Leaders, Project Managers, Finance, Human Resources, Team Supports, Resource Development and Partnerships, and CIFOR’s partners.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Legal Officer to develop partnership agreements and amendments with partners and collaborators in close consultation with project managers and in compliance with CIFOR’s policies and procedures,
- Work closely with project managers to ensure timely technical reporting and deliverables, including from partners and to funders in compliance with CIFOR’s policies and funder’s guidelines,
- Provide support in managing all business processes related to project management system under the responsibility of PMC, such as submission of project start-up, project tracking, and project closure,
- Work closely with Project Management Support Officer to ensure accurate and timely update of project data in Project Management System,
- Liaise with finance for timely and accurate project budget to support project managers for efficient budget management,
- Maintain and monitor PMC project database,
- Coordinate and compile supporting documents and/or CIFOR’s information for various project activities, including but not limited to submission of concept notes, proposals, auditor visit and enhancement of CIFOR’s website and/or project websites,
- Liaise with partners and collaborators on the financial and technical obligation, invoice and payment process,
- Facilitate effective communication within the project team as well as to other team to strengthen the coordination of project activities implementation,
- Provide back-up support to fellow Senior Project support Officers as necessary,
- Assist with other related responsibilities within PMC, as required.
- Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out in the staff’s annual performance contract.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields is required. Master’s degree preferable,
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, proven experience in international project, financial management as well as human resources policies and procedures,
- Excellent written and spoken English,
- Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Excellent skills in organizing and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities,
- Initiative and ability to work independently and effectively as a part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment,
- Experience in working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals,
- Proactive, target-driven, and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a nationally recruited staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience,
- The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive 6 months probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources,
- The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 21 October 2016
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.