The General Manager at Uber is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As a leader of Uber’s operations, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of a new business.
The core of Uber are operational teams, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber, a reality. It’s a big deal and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional.
Sound like you?
WHAT YOU NEED
As an Uber GM, you will own the P&L for a particular business. This means you’re responsible for everything: operational excellence and innovation, marketing and reaching new users, and for maintaining ‘Uber’ quality throughout the experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, I want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build a brand new business for Uber, and own all parts of that process
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns for Uber's newest business
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Own the revenue and user growth for your business!
- 6+ years of marketing or operations management experience (not quite there? Apply for Community Support Mgr or Operations Mgr instead!)
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or a startup is a serious plus
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a *get shit done* attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference: we’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan