Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countres and hundres of cities around the world - at the push of a button.
On another level, Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class. operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
- The Operations & Logistics Manager - Indonesia Expansion is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in the growth of our business in Indonesia. We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organized Operations & Logistics Manager as we launch and run new markets in Indonesia. This is an opportunity to be a key player on an operations team to launch, run and maximize the growth of new markets in Indonesia
- This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the local/ regional operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the supply growth in the Indonesia market.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic driver relationships
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of driver and rider metrics to properly allocate supply, guide driver incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Partner Relations. Manage driver development, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for driver perks
- Expansion Planning / Recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber's growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Mobilize & Grow. Take on new opportunities like launching a new market, spinning off a new product line, experimenting with new business models… the possibilities are endless!
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Native fluency in Indoenesian and English (read/ write/ speak) and must have living and working experience in Indonesia
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Opportunity and as an early member of our business operations team; you’ll shape the business direction of the company locally and globally
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage