- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, any field.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Staff (non-management & non-supervisor)s specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
The Network Specialist is an individual contributor position responsible for providing IT services in a billable project / engagement .
Working independently, advises others and assumes a technical leadership role in support of the solution construction, implementation, and system integration in a technology or industry specialty. Delivers high quality solutions to clients in response to complex business requirements. Consistently exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing assigned technical tasks including study, analysis, design, programming, product installation. Has in-depth product, technology, or industry-related specialized skills and is a strong technology or industry leader working with proposals, requirements, design, implementation and production projects / engagements. Design and develop the tools and methodologies used to manage, analyze, design and implement technical solutions.
The Network Specialist: provides analytical ability and creativity in developing and implementing solution deliverables for a medium to large sized project or major segments of a larger project. Provides technical advice to project managers and team leaders, and gives technical direction to team members including IBM, subcontractor, or client personnel. Often balances technical work assignments, team members' technical skills and project /engagement / proposal risk while providing technical guidance to newer or less experienced team personnel. This position requires significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• CCIE/CCNP in R/S and/or Data Center track
• Experience with Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, Nexus 2000, Nexus 1000v platform is required
• > 5 years of experience with Cisco network products
• Experience in troubleshooting complex data center environments. Should be able to perform analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems in the Data Center Environment.
• Analysis of highly complex network designs with one of more of the following technologies: Nexus 1k 2k 5k 7k, 9k, UCS
• Experience with Cisco Nexus 1000V switches for VMware.
• VPC, Fabric Path, OTV, NX-OS, IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Network Virtualization
• IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
• Knowledge of other networking product such as wireless, load balancer and security is an advantage
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Strong Communication and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills sets
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-starter and a leader, with the ability to take initiative and innovation
• Can handle multiple projects and tight deadlines