MEMORY Furniture looks simple, but the supply chain for the materials is extremely complex and challenging. Dealing with over 1,000 material types sourced from over 20 countries worldwide with strict international standard of conformity. This is why this task is very exciting. As a Merchandiser Supervisor, together with your team, you will discuss internally and with vendors worldwide to negotiate for better prices, consistent quality for each material as well as large buying contracts to ensure that overall cost is the lowest. If you are familiar or knowledgeable in the effective use of strategic sourcing process, cost targeting, supplier performance planning, market analysis, and supplier development, then this job is for you.
- Perform market analysis of various commodity prices to understand global influences to the supply base and create strategies to leverage these dynamics to adjust suppliers base
- Understand the different type of material and global volume used for production in 3 different plants
- Coordinate the team to achieve 'lowest material consumption' cost on each material by understanding supplier process and material as well as EOQ and quality
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with multiple vendors for best price and delivery terms, based on different materials and locations
- Understand vendor’s availability in the region, focusing on China and South East Asia for existing materials already used for Production
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, International Business or Management (minimum GPA of 3.0 - with focus in export or import procedure)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a merchandiser (preferably in export-based manufacturing industry, and had demonstrated successful purchase in large volume)
- Possess good data analytical thinking skills (knowledge in statistics is a plus)
- Able to work under pressure to achieve deadline and think creatively to solve problem
- Possess excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively to all level
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written (fluent in Mandarin is a plus)
- Willing travel to overseas to visit suppliers
- Willing to work in TANGERANG
For more information, please visit www.memory-diy.com
Review ( PT Indorack Multikreasi )
- Gaji & Benefit
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Manajemen
- Nilai & Budaya
- Jenjang Karir
Perusahaan bergerak dalam bidang furnitur dan hampir 80 persen produknya di ekspor keluar negeri, prospek perusahaan berkembang lebih besarpun terbuka lebar.
Kesejahteraan karyawan masih minim, berharap ada niat untuk memenuhi besaran kenaikan gaji yang telah diajukan, lingkungan kerja agak sedikit kotor.