- Develop BI reports, dashboards, SQL queries, or metadata layers, using Tableau and Pentaho.
- Synthesize and translate Business data needs into creative visualizations in Tableau.
- Add value by providing innovative solutions, and delivering improved upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the Business need and the Business Value of the solution.
- Solve problems that address both technical (joins, SQL, loads, etc) and Business challenges (meaning of data, impact to data) and be able to effectively communicate the recommended solution to all.
- Strong capabilities in the Application Design, Architecture competency
- Ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- Develops various, distinct and multiple technical application designs.
- Interprets application services such as API; integrates them with technical design
- Oversees complex data modeling and advanced project metadata development.
- Ensures that business rules are consistently applied across different user interfaces to limit the possibility of inconsistent results.
- Designs specifications and standards for semantic layers and multidimensional models for complex BI projects, across all environments.
- Consults on training and usage for the business community by selecting appropriate BI tools, features, and techniques.
- Sets and enforces BI standards and architecture. Aligns BI architecture with enterprise architecture.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Programming Languages : SQL
- Software Package : Mapr Hadoop, Tableau 8, Pentaho BI is an advantaged
- Database Systems : Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, ScimoreDB, Firebird, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.