Research and Development Head (R&D Formulation) (Pharmaceutical, Home Care, Personal Care), Greater Jakarta
Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Our respected client is seeking a research and development (R&D) professional, preferably with experience in a multinational pharmaceutical or personal care company, for job of Research and Development Head (Formulation), to be based in Greater Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop and co-create the innovation pipeline and product improvement ideas in line with organization growth agenda.
- Lead cost reduction projects through innovative packaging and new formulations.
- Establish world class R&D process, facilities and infrastructure.
- Build and Lead a technical team to deliver excellence in R&D Scientific Services in Indonesia.
- Working closely with Marketing to deliver product launches successfully and on time in the region and to support business development initiatives with claims and demos, including comparisons with competitor products:
- Drive the technical work on cost saving initiatives and be the R&D voice in the region for all cost saving work;
- Working effectively with key functional groups (Regulatory, Quality, HR, and Finance) to support in a fast and professional way the three key stakeholders mentioned above.
- Allocation of resources within the team to meet agreed project objectives, timelines and raise and resolve any projects priority conflicts.
- Build a cohesive, motivated and professional team within a results-oriented culture, where personal responsibility/initiative, teamwork, and mutual respect are the key.
- Be responsible for the development of his/her team members to enable them to achieve their full potential including project management and formulation development.
- Be responsible for local budget allocation, tracking and management.
- Recruit team members to ensure strengthening of the bench.
- Responsible for ensuring that all development activity within the team conforms with legislative, Health and Safety and environmental requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or pharmacy from reputable university, a Master degree is an advantage.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in R&D roles
- A track record of developing successful innovations
- FMCG Background (for household and personal care)
- Have strong leadership, planning and target control
- Have knowledge on concept and strategy of product development
- Have ability to maintain relationship both externally and internally, team player and result oriented
- Preferable have Fluent English communication and computer literate