Our client is looking for a well-seasoned General Manager who is familiar pre-launched activity, has a deep understanding of the local customer and the market needs. This role will be reporting directly to the Group Managing Director, and you will be part of the executive management team in Indonesia.
Founded a couple of years ago, our client is one of Indonesia's global brands within the restaurant industry, serving high-end clients as their target market. With ambitious growth plan our client is looking to bring in an experienced General Manager to oversee the launch of a new restaurant, and to be responsible for the daily operational activities in one of the most prestigious locations in Jakarta. The Jakarta business will have more than one restaurant.
Our client is looking for a well-seasoned General Manager who is familiar pre-launched activity, has a deep understanding of the local customer and the market needs. This role will be reporting directly to the Group Managing Director, and you will be part of the executive management team in Indonesia. You will have the opportunity to grow the business. Other responsibilities include:
- Running the unit in the most optimal ways in term of profitability and long-term targets while still adhering to the local and global regulations.
- Developing and introducing regular proposals for the overall marketing strategy.
- Developing and managing the company's employees and service to achieve the mission and values.
- Ability to negotiate with all stakeholders, and to create, maintain and develop excellent customer relationship.
- Timely analysis of food and beverage prices in relation to competition.
- Maintaining good relationship with the clients (includes regular follow up calls) in order to build rapport and repeated business.
- Within the legal aspect, this role includes ensuring all regulations (Health & Safety, Food & Hygiene, Licensing, Fire Regulations, and employment) are followed.
- Providing training and development programs to meet the company's standards.
- Completion of monthly inventory by ensuring the quality control of all business aspects.
- Assisting, supporting and developing all senior staff on daily operational matters.
- Ensuring all units are running effectively (employment, operations, procedures)
- Achieving the annual budget targets by monitoring, controlling and ensuring that all procedures are in order.
- Developing and delivering the strategy commercially by creating business plans, marketing and communications that is appropriate for the targeted clients.
- Innovating and offering new ideas in order to develop and improve relationship with clients.
- Keeping updates with latest trends, news events and deadlines in order to enhance opportunities.
- Recruiting, selecting, and training the team.
This role is only opened to those who have the experienced in handling Indonesia market, and had the experienced in pre-opening of the business. The successful applicant has to have excellent communication in written and spoken English, and come from the similar industry background. Other key requirements are:
- At least 7-10 years of experience in the hospitality management industry in restaurants that caters to high-end clients.
- Bachelor degree in hotel / restaurant management is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and be a strong understanding of the local market.
- Excellent negotiation skill.
- Proactive with strong analytical thinking, problem solving and drive to succeed.
- Regional exposure outside Indonesia would be preferred.
- Track records demonstrating achievement which includes involvement in sales & marketing strategy.
- Proficient in the restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, security.
- Self-discipline, initiative, strong leadership and outgoing.
- Exposure to work with renowned brand
- Exposure to handle multiple restaurants.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Imeiniar Chandra on +62 21 2958 8832
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.co.id