Summary of Position:
Directly responsible for implementing and following the culinary standards and overseeing the culinary operations of the units and external delivery catering. Responsible for supervising all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day Kitchen operations and Culinary team
- Execution of Daily Food Service, Quality, Technique, Portion, Presentation and Food Cost Control
- Support management with Catering Proposals, Menu Pricing and Menu Innovation
- Track food costs while Managing Vendors to provide Standard Cost-efficient Products
- Estimate Food Consumption and Requisition of Food Purchase
- Standardize Production Recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Responsible for continued growth of overall catering: Cost, Quality, Presentation and Innovation
- Execute all off-site Catering that requires on-site support
- Assist Manager of sales & Marketing in Menu Planning and Costing for Special Event Catering
- Collaborate with General Managers on expense tracking for accurate financial projections
- Responsible for all the kitchen purchasing
- Ensure that appropriate Sanitation, Maintenance and Safety Standards are followed
- Implement and maintain Culinary Excellence Standards
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise all culinary activities
- At least 5 years experience in a similar capacity.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Full day availability is required, flexible schedule.
- Should expect to work 50 hours per week.
- Serve-Safe or Food Certificate is required.
- Computer skills in Word and Excel are a plus
- Successful execution of all events and daily deliveries
- Achieve and Maintain food cost goals
- Consistently follow Menu Standards
- Profitable Sales Growth
- Ability to Effectively Interface with Clients and Associates