- Fill out and maintain production forms w/fabric, trim, color, spec, labeling package, fold, wash, packing instructions, hangers and sizers.
- Maintain and Management of sampling process
- Fit samples
- PP samples
- Production samples
- TOP samples
- AD/Shipment samples
- Measure and prepare samples with accuracy before fit sessions. Take fit notes during fitting.
- Interact with PD team on daily and weekly basis to manage the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendar
- Interact with PD team to associate the corrected pattern with appropriate technical package.
- Communicate to all agents/vendors and factories regarding contents of tech pack, corrections to samples and patterns. Interact on daily basis with agents/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering.
- Development of initial sample specifications from original samples and/or design sketch. Establish close partnership with Design in order to facilitate the interpretation of Design concepts.
- Determine corrections to achieve fit and document in the technical package incorporating technical sketches, garment construction details, grading, labeling requirements, and ticket placement.
- Assist in conducting fittings on live models and help to determine fit corrections based on company brand standards.
- Maintain and track the flow of samples from Fit Samples through Pre-Production/Reference samples to ensure process is adhered
- Ensure through proper specifications, fittings and recommendations to design that merchandise is produced to help drive sales and profitability
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical design preferred
- Tech must be proficient in drawing/sketching, coloring. CAD work on MAC computers.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel
- Very detailed oriented individual with garment knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced/changing environment.
- Ability to work on more than one product category.
- Work in an extremely fast paced environment meeting calendar deadlines.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Work as a team player