- Plans, assigns, prioritizes and lays out work schedules for routine, emergency and preventive maintenance and repairs for all buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Obtains estimates for emergency and routine maintenance by contractors; monitors contracted projects; and coordinates outside contractor services including electrical, carpentry, painting and masonry.
- Coordinates, plans, and provides supervision for the Facilities Control Specialist, Heating and Ventilating Mechanics and assigned custodial workers on second shift and the dock. Assists in the supervision of the Library’s carpenter and electrician as required.
- Periodically inspects the physical condition and operating efficiency of mechanical equipment; operates Building Energy Management System and maintains a preventative maintenance program for all equipment that is maintained by the Maintenance Department.
- Prepares reports and budget requests and maintains records. Assumes the responsibility of the Building Maintenance Manager in that person’s absence.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum S1 degree from reputable university majoring in architect, mecanical, or electrical engineering, or any other relevant fields
- Technical training related to the installation and repair of HVAC equipment. An Associate Degree in the field of HVAC is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of fulltime experience in the field of building and grounds maintenance, operations, mechanical work and in the installation and repair of HVAC equipment. NOTE: Equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered.
- Two years supervisory experience related to the above essential functions is desirable.
- Proven managerial and leadership skills