ZALORA Indonesia and all its sister ventures across South-East Asia has established a marketplace platform (“Marketplace”), in which established brands, small blogshops and independent designers (“Sellers”) can utilize the ZALORA IT infrastructure, brand recognition and traffic volumes to offer their own products under an end-to-end ownership of the Seller.
ZALORA Indonesia is thus looking for a Head of Female Category to build and maintain its marketplace presence and work with new and existing suppliers.
- Identify potential suppliers and convince them to sell their products through our website
- Identify categories that need further improvement in assortment and source relevant SKUs for the category
- Negotiate trading margins with potential suppliers on consignment and marketplace terms
- Regularly meet key suppliers and provide updates regarding sales performance and required assortment
- Liaise with supplier through email and phone on sales performance and ensure regular inbound of new items
- Manage a team of junior buyers and merchandisers
- With planner, monitor and take accountability of weekly sales and profit and responding to the product performances with effective merchandise strategies.
- Work with suppliers on discounting and returning aging stock
- Proactively conduct competitor analysis to ensure a competitive advantage
- Proactively recommend initiatives to continuously improve product range
- Provide buying team with relevant fashion events and latest fashion trends
SKILL AND EXPERTISE
- Minimum Bachelor Degree with economics, finance, business, marketing background
- Excellent or fluent English skills required
- Excellent or fluent Bahassa skills required
- Previous experience in executing, negotiating and closing supplier deals with major retailers, whether for a small player or a major distributor in the market
- At least 6 year(s) of working experience in handling female fashion category
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills
- A well developed eye for spotting winners and identifying product opportunities
- Great project management skills
- Great communication skills
- Strong understanding of MS Excel preferred
- Strong relationship management skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- A dynamic, results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm and commitment
- Ambition to exceed expectations and rise ranks within the buying division
- Perusahaan sangat terbuka terhadap masukan-masukan yang di dapat dari dalam maupun dari luar perusahaan. Suasana dan lingkungan pun sudah sangat baik dan membuat betah.
- Saya rasa perusahaan sudah banyak memberi yang terbaik kepada kami dan karyawan pun terlihat baik-baik saja jadi saya rasa tidak ada kekurangan berarti dari perusahaan ini.
Menara Bidakara 1 Lt. 17 ,Jl. Gatot Subroto kav. 71-73, South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
THE ZALORA STORY
ZALORA entered the South East Asian market with a bang in 2012 and hasn’t looked back. We are South East Asia’s number one fashion and beauty destination and the most visited fashion website in the region. We ship our goods to all corners of the countries we operate in: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia (including Brunei), Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. Our ambition is to be South-East Asia’s number 1 destination for 20 and 30-somethings who love fashion. We have set ourselves a target to triple our current size by the end of 2014 and this is only possible if we continue to work with top talent across the globe to help us realize our vision.
THE ZALORA WAY
We are different in everything we do or anything you have ever seen in South East Asia, and we are proud of it! The ZALORA-way is the only way we know and runs through every single thing we do. Fashion constantly changes, these core pillars of our existence do not. If you are a confident, hungry, smart and passionate individual who likes to work hard and enjoys being in a vibrant environment with extraordinary talents, you’ll fit in just fine!
We are customer obsessed. We know that our customers are just like us, they love fashion and want the latest looks and styles at the best value-for-money. We have the most favorable return policies and best customer service team in the country and will continue to set the standards for what customer service in South East Asia should be like. We think of our customers first in everything we do – their happiness is fundamental to us.
We move fast. The ZALORA world is extremely fast-moving and we expect you to be able to keep up with the pace. We will always be the innovative force within the South East Asian fashion market and to ensure ongoing development we will always keep our product offering evolving as well as finding new and more efficient ways to make our customers happy.
We continuously innovate. We are the first serious fashion and beauty e-tailer in a very young and booming economy. As such, we create history every day and constantly have to find new solutions to problems we encounter. No one has ever done anything like this in the region and there is no secret formula on how to get it right. It is important that all of our employees have an extreme “go-getter” attitude and can roll with the punches without feeling lost when they have to figure out a solution to a problem they have never seen before. We also believe that there is always room for improvement and hence we don’t settle for satisfactory, we strive for the best.
We promote a culture of progress and learning. We pride ourselves with being able to offer an extremely vibrant, energetic and supportive working environment and as such are able to attract the best talent in the country. We have a great track record for internal promotions and we have several success stories of people who have started from very junior positions and quickly risen in the ranks due to their raw talent and passionate drive. ZALORA is a pure meritocracy, i.e. our employees’ success is purely based on performance and not their age, how they look, where they come from or who they know (or don’t know). We always encourage our employees to question the status quo, to freely speak their mind and always to form and voice their own opinion.