We are reputable multinational Oil & Gas Company in Indonesia who has diverse business portfolio with operations in several locations.
This position requires proven leadership skills, management experience and knowledge of the Indonesian legal environment. Additionally, excellent judgment, demonstrated cultural sensitivity and advocacy experience and strong upstream oil and gas legal experience is required.
Key Job Responsibility :
- Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to Oversee legal support, including legal support in the following areas: resettlement, first gas contractual commitment, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and readiness for operations.
- Responsible for the coordination of legal support to new business opportunities and projects.
- Responsible for legal support in non-core areas such as the legal requirements for the operation of the office(s) and procurement activities.
- Responsible for management of attorneys and support staff including hiring, performance management, compensation, and career development.
- Responsible for building legal organizational capability across geographically dispersed operations and activities.
- Provide legal support in efforts to cultivate relations with regulators, NOC’s and other business partners.
- Participate as member of Profit Center Leadership Team, providing all legal support required to implement the business plan.
- Flexibility with extended business trips or temporary assignments overseas as necessary.
- Juris Doctorate or other advanced law degree.
- Indonesian National who eligible to practice law in Indonesia.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in upstream oil & gas industry.
- Working knowledge of Indonesian law with general understanding of USA law.
- Good command of English language (both oral and written).
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Project development related experience and international contract law experience.
- Must possess demonstrated good leadership, mentoring, interpersonal and communication skills; team-oriented and client-focused.
- Must be a quick learner and demonstrate an ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering business oriented, cost-effective legal support.
- Possess diplomacy, tact, and sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to work in a remote foreign location with potentially challenging partners and sensitive commercial issues.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with the legal and commercial issues related to upstream oil and gas operations.
Application must be submitted by 20 November 2016