The Children's Place (HK) Ltd
Quality Assurance Auditor
Purpose of the Role:
To conduct quality assurance audits at factories prior to product shipment according to the Company’s established policies and standards.
- Highly organized and uses time efficiently.
- Logical and systematic with an analytical mindset.
- Autonomous in nature with the ability to self-manage.
- Prompt in resolving problems.
- Comfortable to ask for information or clarification.
- Ability to navigate new surroundings in a quick manner.
- Supportive of others and comfortable to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to network with business partners of diverse cultural backgrounds on a global scale.
- Ethical and disciplined in nature with a genuine tendency to uphold personal and organizational integrity.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
Quality Assurance Audits & Inspections
- Networks with vendors/factories in conducting quality assurance audits and product inspections as scheduled/directed.
- Ensures that product quality meets TCP requirements.
- Provides counseling and guidance to vendors/factories as needed to correct quality issues.
- Develops and monitors Corrective Action Plans issued to vendors/factories.
- Conducts follow-up checks and audits as needed.
- Completes all TCP audit reports and summaries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Escalates quality issues to Management whenever appropriate.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with Sourcing colleagues.
The Children’s Place’s Values & Behaviors
- Proudly supports all of the Values & Behaviors of The Children’s Place.
- Understands the importance of his/her own role in association to the achievement of the Company’s Mission and strategies.
- Promotes and nurtures a warm and comfortable workplace .
- 3-7 years in Apparel Manufacturing, Product Technology, Quality Assurance, Product Inspection or similar field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Product Technology standards for children apparel and/or products.
- Ability to quickly identify production or product technology problem areas and quickly recommend solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good command of both verbal and written English.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and time management.
- Possess all Behavioral Qualities of the role as outlined above.
- Confidence in fulfilling a majority of the Key Performance Indicators for this position.
- Committed to supporting The Children’s Place in becoming a world-class sourcing organization.
|Industri||Busana / Garmen / Tekstil|
The Children’s Place is the largest pure-play children’s specialty apparel retailer in North America. The Company designs, contracts to manufacture, sells at retail and wholesale, and licenses to sell fashionable, high-quality merchandise at value prices, primarily under the proprietary “The Children’s Place,” “Place” and “Baby Place” brand names. As of July 30, 2016, the Company operated 1,064 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, an online store at www.childrensplace.com, and had 123 international points of distribution open and operated by its 6 franchise partners in 16 countries.
The Children’s Place continues to enjoy strong financial performance for 2016. As of July 30, 2016 (Fiscal Year to date), the company’s net sales increased 2.5% to $790.8 million, including the negative impact of approximately $4.0 million from currency exchange rate fluctuations. On a constant currency basis, net sales were $794.8 million, a 3.0% increase compared to net sales of $771.3 million in the prior year. Comparable retail sales increased 3.8% in the first half of fiscal 2016.
During the second quarter of 2016, the Company returned approximately $39 million to shareholders through the repurchase of 454,711 shares and its quarterly dividend payment of $0.20 per share. Year to date, the Company returned approximately $86 million to shareholders compared to approximately $68 million last year. Since 2009, the Company has returned over $710 million to its investors through share repurchases and dividends. At the end of the second quarter, approximately $192 million remained available for future share repurchases under the Company’s existing share repurchase program.
The Children’s Place continues to demonstrate our ability to deliver on our multi-pronged transformation strategy - superior product, business transformation through technology, global growth through alternate channels of distribution and store fleet optimization - despite the challenging retail environment.